Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I was just looking at some other blogs and the Baby Center board and realized I never posted John's stats from his 4 month appointment and I guess I can fill you all in on the goings on of our family lately...So here goes...

(I don't have his stats in front of me, but from what I can remember)

John is almost 17 lbs, 90% (he was 95% at 2 months) and he is 75% for height. His head was around 50%. So he is doing really well. He was a lot better at this appointment until the doc started looking in his ears and he started screaming. I instantly thought - EAR INFECTION - but, she said he looked good. He seems to have some cradle cap, so the doc says, so we have been treating that. She then proceeded to see if he would pull up and bear weight on his legs and he was so annoyed by her checking his ears he wouldn't cooperate, which bugged me, I wanted to show off that he CAN bear weight on his legs - oh well. After the doc left she left his chart and I pulled an "Elaine" and looked at...it said at his 2 month appt he was a "fussy baby". What?! Ahhhh-Not my child! :-) He WAS sick and he WAS hungry and I didn't want to pop out a boob right in front of her, but goodness...oh well. He got some oral meds and 3 needles full of shots. He did a lot better this time. Only cried for a few seconds and seemed fine by the time we got to the car. They keep telling me that the shots may make him sleep through the night - they don't know my kids...

Speaking of sleeping, Mark and I finally decided to stick it out and let John cry at night. His sleeping patterns have become so erretic and he is up, oh about 6 times or more a night, I was beginning to lose it. We started on the 4th and he has been doing pretty well. The first night he cried off and on from midnight until 5, so that was pretty brutal, but he seems to cry less and for shorter periods of time. Since I am still nursing and since he seems to always be so hungry at night I get up once around 12-1 (or whenever he crie around then) and feed him, other than that he has to cry. He cries about once a night at the moment (besides his feeding time), so I think we are on our way. It has been SO nice to have a baby that goes down pretty good intially at night and who now is sleeping in their own bed and own room. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes...I don't think Mel slept in her bed until she was 2! :-)

My job is going a lot better. I finally got my 2nd attorney assigned, so I feel like I won't be let go anytime soon. I also got a small raise at my review in Jan., every penny counts! I had applied for a job when I had my scare and I actually got called for an interview. I found out today that I didn't get it, but it was nice to know I actually got called to try. It was good experience as well. Thanfully, for now, things are going better - although extremely busy - but that's a good thing right now - one day blends into another lately.

Speaking of blending, since John has been born, time never seems to stand still. I hope with the spring and longer days with light, it won't seem to all go so quick, but right now things are just so crazy. Mark and I still continue to pass each other, but at the same time we are trying to make as much family time as possible and take time out for Mel and for each of us to spend time with the kids, together and apart. We have been using our crock put a lot, which seems to be saving us a lot of time and we are trying lots of new eats, and have pretty much liked them all. Work for Mark and I is busy, busy. John and Mel are doing really well at the Motts and we can't thank them enough for all they do for us. Mel is doing well in school and excited for Valentine's Day. She has been making homemade valentine's for just about everyone she knows. And as you have read, she is doing more and more in girl scouts. I have to iron on all her patches this weekend so she can get ready to hand out all her cookies she sold next week and we are taking her to a Girl Scouts even at the World Forestry Center this weekend as well where she can show off her patches, so that should be a lot of fun.

Other than that just trying to get by day to day. I stress about everything, Mark thinks about ants, and life moves on. We are pretty lucky though, so I try not to stress or complain too much when I think about it all :-)

No comments: