Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Current Events

So, no new pictures, but I thought I would give a little update to my weekly blog visiters...Not too much new news though.

John now has TWO teeth! Can you believe it? He got one the weekend he hit the 5 mth mark and within the next week, another one started popping through. So, now both are out and I am kind of hoping we get a break for a bit. John has also been fighting a pretty stuffy nose and now a cough, so my sleeping experiement has gotten pushed to the side for the last couple weeks and I feel like we are back at square one. John is up numerous times a night again and we have started letting him cry again the last couple nights, but I find myself still going in and checking on him a couple times a night. After once finding his head all crammed in the corner of his crib one night and just 2 nights ago I went in and his blanket was all up and covering his face, it is hard to not at least peek in. He sleeps currently in a zip up fleece gown so I don't have to worry about the blanket thing, but he is quickly growing out of it. So, hopefully it warms up soon so that I don't have to worry about the blankets...so, hoping to get John back on a schedule and sleeping in his own bed and me in mine VERY soon!

I am sneeking with John off to the coast this weekend to visit my mom. I need to do some scrapping and have some "mom" time, so hoping that we can get a little done with our scrapbooks. I did the same thing when Mel was a couple months old and it was HARD! I literally ended up scrapping while breast feeding at the same time, most of the weekend, it felt! It is amazing that I actually got a lot done that weekend. But, John is a bit older and not "attached" as much, so we will see how it goes. If anything, I am looking forward to just spending the time with my mom and John and having some quiet time, if you can call it that. But, we plan on going to dinner at a local coffee shop, just something simple, maybe watch a movie, trade off John here and there and hopefully get a bit of scrapping done in between it all. It will just be nice to be away from the demands of home and visit for a bit, it will be a quick trip, but I think a good one. I am just hoping John will nap there and back - it will be his first road trip!

I got my bride's maid dress last weekend for my sister's wedding. That was interesting. I was wishing my sister or mom was there to help me pick one, but I ended up getting one nonetheless. I feel pretty good about it and anxious to get it in April to show it off, but I think I made a good choice. She just said it had to be red, and it is a really pretty color. I really want to feel comfortable and of course look HOT at the wedding, so now I REALLY need to get my butt into gear - literally :-)

Work is going well. Busy, but good. Getting into a routine. I have been taking 1/2 lunches so I can leave early, but I really want to fit in a work out a couple days a week. My office building has a free gym I can use and I need to work on these arms cause my dress is sleeveless, so I may be eating at my desk and not getting out as much.

Mel is doing well. She is starting to read and write sentences. It is amazing! I can't believe she is already at this stage and I am so proud of her. I want to get it on video and put it on here, but she says she is nervous...too cute...

Mark complained I said all he worries about is ants on a previous entry, but I got a call this morning and he was all excited - he is a dad once again! One of his ants' eggs just hatched! Of course, now he has 3 queens and one whole colony that he got out by our house that has laid dozens of eggs, so yeah, once again, Mark is consumed...sorry, hun...

1 comment:

Mark Mott said...

don't hate the play, hate the game right! I can't help it, it's science right in my office!