Monday, March 16, 2009

How Time Flies. . .

John has been having a lot of "firsts" this past week. It sure is bitter sweet. He is just growing up so fast, yet, it is exciting to see him grow and learn new things. This past week he started to reach out for his bottle more and can even hold the smaller ones. We use glass, so they are heavy! He is starting to roll over on his side and I hear that today he has rolled over several times. He is even starting to roll on his side in his crib to sleep, which worries me, even more reason to go in and check he isn't face down and sleeping :-) On Saturday John and I took off for my mom's house at the Coast. It was his first road trip and his first time to the Coast. It ended up snowing on the way there - CRAZY - and on the way home I had to wait for it to melt a bit before I started home. John didn't seem to notice, he was SO good. Not one cry and slept the whole way there and back! He was SO good at my mom's too. We ended up at a coffee shop after I got there and stayed for 2 hours, John didn't seem to mind a bit. It was VERY nice. On Sunday I got John his 1st sippy cup. I read up on what's supposed to happen at 5 months and the book said to introduce the cup! (I can't believe I forgot all this stuff since Mel!) He isn't very good...But, all in time. John's 2 teeth are now in and he seems to be MUCH happier. Whew! That was a bit rough. I have begun reading my book on sleeping and feel I just need the encouragement and advice it brings to make some decisions about his sleeping, but still working on the whole sleeping thing. I am going to try and let him cry again and not just jump up as much. I have also switched to a bottle for his mid-night feeding and I have been so tired I give it to him lying down and have end up just falling asleep myself and we have both been sleeping until 5 or 6. With that being said, John doesn't seem to be waking as frequently, so I just need to feed him his bottle and put him down and see what happens. He may just sleep through the rest of the night on his own!

John and his sippy cup. He has accomplished just banging it on the tray at this point.


John at Grandma Trisha's - what a ham!

You can see his 2 teeth on the bottom!

This is MY bottle and I'm not letting go!




No comments: