Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Garden Time - And Random Update

Since we moved into this house we have planted a garden every year. We all like to watch everything grow, but tend to not eat much of it cause we don't really plant stuff we like - wierd I know. Its more fun than anything. BUT - I don't know if I was doing too late to the nursery in previous years, but over the weekend I scored on veggies and fruits. We got a tiny raspberry plant, watermelons, canalope, strawberries, tomatoes and cucumbers. They didn't have pumpkins which we like to experiment with, so I got start kits of pumpkins and sunflowers (and they are already sprouting!). So, I am pretty excited. We also got a little fence to put up since Babe seems to think the garden is her sunning patch and Mel thinks it is her sand box. . .Maybe we will actually got more than tomotoes that grow this year! Anyway, we were able to make a quick run to Lowes and get a few things. Mark's work reimburses him for yard stuff, which is WAY cool, so I felt like I was on a free shopping spree. We plan to get back this weekend to get mulch and some flowers and then we just need to work on getting our lawn back in shape.


Mel and Owen helping out

John hanging out watching us all work
____
Things are going a lot better in the Mott household. We are in much better spirts. Still busy as all heck, but we have got some of our financial issues figured out, or at least, we have researched all we can, have a plan in place, will take our hits, but are moving forward. Accepting our fate and chaning our ways and I think Mark and I are already happier and it has been a lesson for us. Things will be lean, but its almost like it was meant to happen. . .We will be OK and we have our family, that is what matters most!

No comments: