Monday, April 6, 2009

Sun!!!

Well, we finally got sun this weekend and it felt SO nice. We were actually able to turn off the heat, open the windows and wear flip flops outside without our toes freezing off. Mark had Friday off and did the majority of the housework and we did most of the grocery shopping on Friday morning after John's appt (more on that later) and before I headed off to work. So, it was a productive morning. Mark's friend Dave was coming into town, so we always tend to want everything clean and ready for company. On Saturday we spent the day being lazy. Which was SO nice for once. No running around or errends. We got some cheap lunch at Happy Panda and spent the afternoon just hanging around the house and outside with the neighbors. We have really developed a close knit group with some families on our street and we ended up having a pot luck. We went through our freezer and found lots of meat to grill so Mark wheeled out the BBQ. Next thing we knew everyone was bringing out sides and we had the babies, kids and adults hanging out the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. It ended up being a really good time. It was much needed for us and a good escape from our recent stresses. On Sunday Mark got up and made breakfast and got Dave to the air port. I actually got a nap in while John slept and Sunday was kind of a repeat of Saturday. Hung out at home, got the rest of the grocery shopping done in a very quick trip and Mark got the car all cleaned out and washed, with the kids' help. We grilled again on the BBQ that night and off to bed. Love this weather, can't wait for summer. . .

John hanging out


John and his future playmate. Our neighbor's daughter, Courtney, 2 months old. At this point it was later and we were in the shade, so had to start adding the layers.

Sunday - Mel, Tyler and Owen helping dad wash the car.

Saturday - The kids again in our backyard on the swing set.

John - What a cutie. I was trying to be creative and get some outdoor shots, but he still can't quite sit up too well. I could just see me moving too far out of range and not catching him if he fell right onto the pavement so he is sitting kind of awkwardly. . .Speaking of John, he had his 6 month appt. on Friday. He hasn't gained much weight, or as much as I thought he would have, only about a lb. He is now up to 18 lb, 12 oz and moved from 90% to 75% for weight. He is at 75% for height. He seems so much bigger! :-) I was all ready to change him to his next car seat, but thankfully I can use the carrier a bit longer. But, he is doing well. Got another round of shots and then no more for 6 months - Yah! A quick appt. this time, he is just doing well and I didn't have many questions. Other than that, John is just fun and sweet and as I speak up in his crib screaming. Going through another few nights of not sleeping well and has been a bit fussy. Not sure what is going on. Maybe cause I am weaning? I don't know, he doesn't seem to go back to sleep or calm down until I feed him and he can't be hungry. So hard to listen to, but I can't hold him and feed him all night, although I really wish I could. . .Uggg. . .

No comments: