Can you see the two new teeth on the top? They are FINALLY making their way down. Man, 4 down, 16 to go - after these last 2 especially, its going to be a rough road! No, its exciting to see each new milestone with John, I can't believe its been this long already! Eight months, how time flies. I already find myself looking at pregnant women and new babies and longing for that all over again. I was even at my friend's shower this past weekend talking about my c-section and how it "wasn't bad at all..." What was I thinking?! ;-) I just try and hug and kiss John every day as much as I can and savor this baby time. He just continues to be a good baby and is so sweet. He is sitting really well now, doesn't hardly want to be on his back or tummy at all. But, he isn't really making any movements to crawl. He is reaching a lot, so he may get frustrated and want to lean forward soon, which may lead to him trusting himself a bit more. Whatever pace is fine for now though. . .He still isn't sleeping through the night, but he wakes up about 1-2 times. I have been letting him cry a bit more and give him a bottle at least once. Last night he went down at 630pm, woke at 1130 for a bottle and then slept until 630am, in his crib the whole time. So, really that is a 12 hour period with one wake up time and we both slept in our own beds. I consider that pretty good. Part of the sleeping thing is really more my fault and he goes to sleep so early, I think he is getting more than his recommended amount of sleep in the night alone. But, I am just SO tired! And getting up and sitting and giving him a bottle just sounds so much less appealing than lying down...but, I know it is better for both of us to be in our beds, so I am trying ;-) Other than that, John is eatting more foods at this point. We give him just about a taste of anything now and he seems to like most things. I can take him about anywhere and he just hangs out, so that is GREAT, and what a difference from Mel. I can actually grocery shop by myself, with John in his Snugli or in the cart, shop off my list AND add my entire shopping list in my head as I go - WHILE going to Winco and bag all my groceries - what a proud mama am I?!
Mel at her new desk Mark and I got her for her birthday. Mark got it all painted and the knobs put on and got it in her room this weekend. It looks so cute and it is the perfect fit and she just loves it.
You can really see all FOUR teeth here - or is that a reflection?!
OK, so you all are probably REALLY tired of hearing about my cupcakes. Here is the final product. Those close to me have heard the story of the melting frosting and rolling heads, but I was able to salvage most of the "babies" and you can't see the sloppy, melted frosting in this pic - hopefully ;-) They came together though and the party was a success. I came home and immediately put away every item in my kitchen cupcake related. I am not going to think about or look at anything cupcake related until the week of Mel's birthday, where it looks like at this point I may be making 50 lady bug cupcakes...OK, NOT going to think about it! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment