So, John had his 9 mth appt on the 15th. It went OK. If you can call it that...he screamed the whole time, so much so that the doc told me at one point, "Don't worry if he passes out" - What?! I had to lay him down on the table for her to look him over and he did the slient scream, shaking the arms and turning blue thing, and then wailed like I had just dropped him on the floor. . .uggg. . .She said sometimes kids will pass out when they do that - nice. . .So, yeah, this was pretty much how that appt. went. I THINK because he is teething. Has been since the weekend (with this tooth at least) and my god child, does it REALLY hurt THAT much? John hasn't been eating much and is only taking probably 1/2 his bottles, isn't sleeping, is incredibly fussy and whines and cries all day. My MIL was in tears this am cause he wouldn't eat yet again and I think we are all getting frustrated. This is tooth No. 7 and so far this is the worst. It's getting a bit insane. So, I ask the doc, What can we do, is this OK? And she just goes, Oh yeah, just give him some Tylenol and a frozen bagel. . .OK. . .thanks. . .So, this am as I am at my OWN doc appt. I finally look at the paperwork she gave me after John's appt. and it says - "TEETHING - babies do not get fevers, they hardly have any reaction, it does not affect their sleeping or eating routine, etc. etc. Hmmmm...how come I told her all this WAS happening with John and she just sat there and smiled, sometimes I wonder about these doctors. So, now we have a call in and of course no response back yet; why our kid HAS a (slight) fever, won't eat or sleep and has been screaming constantly for the past 6 days???!!! So, yeah, I am tired. . .
About John and his stats though, he is a tall kid with a big head ;-) He is in the 90% for height and his head size went from 50% to 90% (I am thinking they must have measured wrong last visit) and his weight is 45%. He has gone down in the weight department, although you wouldn't know by looking at him. Seems the doc is a bit concerned about his weight and will "talk more" if it goes down again by 1 year. Which I don't think it will - he just hasn't eaten in 6 days! Ugggg...At the 9 mth appt. he doesn't get shots, but his developmental skills are assessed. He seemed to be fine in all but communication. He's not waving or clapping and doesn't really pass things back and forth or interact with toys like that yet. He babbles, but no real words and doesn't really "play" games...I blame it on myself, we need to do more of the interacting one on one thing with him...I feel bad. So much going on, not enough time in the day; no excuses really. The doc didn't seem too concerned but wanted to see improvement by 1 year. I think he will be fine - IF we can all live through this teething thing!
I was hoping to get a pic of John at the doc, but that wasn't happening. Will get some soon I am sure and will post then.
No comments:
Post a Comment