Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation! Seaside 2009!

Mark and I were both off from June 24-28th and it was SO nice to be off from work and have a break from the grind and be home with the kids and just do whatever! We didn't have plans to go anywhere, which was even better. The weather was kind of iffy, but on Wednesday night we decided we would wake up on Thursday and head to the coast. John slept all the way there and we got there pretty early, so beat the crowds and got a parking spot right on the strip. Seaside is perfect for Mel. It's small enough to walk around, there is the arcade, shops, lots of yummy stuff to eat and the carousel - oh - and we can't forget the beach! ;-) When we got there we went to the arcade for a while and then treated ourselves to a yummy lunch out. They seated us in this little pit with a fireplace next to it in the middle of the resturant so we were nice and cozy and like we were in our own little secret place. The kids did awesome and everyone ohhed and ahhed over them. Always makes you feel good. After that we were rode the carousel - John's 1st time, he loved it - and then again. . .then goodies, and more arcade, then the beach. Mel LOVES the beach, always has. She found a couple friends to play with and was in the water in two seconds. John was pretty tired at that point and after a while I had to just see if I could get him to go to sleep. As I started walking back to the car he fell asleep, so I got to lug around my 20 lb. bebe for a bit while he snoozed, but it was good. I love those moments with him, he's not going to be a baby much longer. . .Once Mel was done we got some yummy elephant ears and it was perfect timing, it started to spinkle, it was getting really busy, and it was a good time to head home. PERFECT day!

Mott Family - Seaside 2009

Mel loves that water and sand!

Look at that smile!

Have I told you how much I love my kiddos - they are SO cute!

We spent the rest of the week planning and preparing for Mel's 6th Birthday and just playing outside and having fun. The weather got nicer and nicer every day - whew - I was a bit nervous there since her party was scheduled at the park on Saturday. Should be a wonderful, sunny day!

No comments: