At the fire house where Brian is a volunteer fire fighter
Hanging out - good times
Me and my sis!Well summer is officially over. The rain has started, it is getting darker earlier and my whole family already has their first colds of the season...It was a good and busy summer though. We spent a lot of time outside in the "alley" and our backyard and really, Mel seemed to want to just stay home more than anything else, so it was a pretty quiet and uneventful summer. Which was OK with us, with John still little, it was just easier to be home most of the time.
In September, Mark and I went to Brooke and Brian's wedding in Galena, IL. The kids stayed home, which was really hard, but we needed a little "us" time and we really enjoyed ourselves. We started off the trip going to Chicago and met up with Mark's cousion and his wife who live right outside the city. We went to their house and met up with Brian and we went to a Cubs and Brewers game. Next day, we were off to Brooke and Brian's house. It was a week full of wedding preparations and just hanging out and visiting. It was a quick trip, but we had a great time. The wedding turned out beautiful. Wish we could have stayed a bit longer the next day, but was also anxious to get back home to Mel and John.
Mel is in the 1st grade this year and is doing well. She seems to like her teacher and generally does good in school. I have been home in the mornings getting her ready, myself and John and then getting Mel off to school and John to my in-laws, all before heading to work, so its been a challenge. I am up and working 3 hours before I even get to my desk! But, that is all changing soon...
John actually turned 1 year old today! I can't believe a year has gone by. I have to admit it has been hard doing the baby thing all over again. John is 50% sweet and fun and mellow and 50% exhausting. He seems to be fussier than Mel at the same age, so it has been a challenge. The evenings are his worst times, and of course, that is when we see him the most. He goes to bed early cause he just burns out, so therefore, he is an EARLY riser. He has been teething since he was 4 months old and seems to be getting mild colds here and there, so that hasn't been helping. Not to mention, sleep - his sleeping habits are STRANGE! Besides all that, John is a sweet boy and it has been so fun having a boy this time around. He loves to go in his stoller and go for walks. He loves to be held and carried. He loves playing with balls and beating on stuff to make noise and loves for you to sit on the floor with him and just hang out. He has a huge smile and the best laugh. He still isn't walking, but can stand on his own for a few seconds. He claps, but only waves when he wants and I THINK he may say mama, but that is about it. In due time...For his birthday it will just be us and Mark's parents. His party plans fell through, which burns me up! But, life goes on. We will have a fun little celebration on Saturday and next year I will go all out in my typical fashion!
Since coming back from maternity leave work has been a challenge for me and I got a new attorney that has been intense a month after I got back from my leave, which was a huge blow to me. I am hoping things will slow down a bit for the rest of the year. I found out I will be working for a new associate in addition to the attorney I currently work for, which replaces the 2nd attorney I had, so that should also help my work load...for now. With work and raising a new baby and adding that to Mel and our life in general, it has been a difficult year for me. I am looking forward to catching my breath a little, hopfully getting to the gym more, and getting back into knitting and scrapbooking more this winter - hopefully ;-)
Mark is still with Kaiser, but just got accepted for a new position that he applied for almost 2 months ago. He will finally be getting out of Salem and closer to home at the Interstate Campus. Still not Hillsboro, but hopefully in the next few years...He is beyond excited and I am very proud of him. He has really made a name for himself at Kaiser and is proud of himself and the company and has been working hard to prove himself and its nice that people are taking notice. He will be working 30 hours a week for now, hopefully more in the future. But, for now, that is huge for us. It will be a bit hard financially cause its not full time, but I think we will still be OK. He is advancing a few levels and will be gaining tons of experience, so it is worth it. He will also be home more to help with things - hopfully - and will also be able to take over the morning duties. I think I have always had the kids in the morning cause he always worked earlier, so it will be a change for us all. He will be able to take Mel to school and give his parents a bit of a break and spend some time with John. So, it will be good. I am hoping to be able to get to work early and leave early, so hopefully that will work out as well.
So, lots of goings on in the Mott house. Many changes are upon us and I am nervous and excited to see how everything unfolds.


No comments:
Post a Comment