Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tucker: 1995 - 2010


I am finally coming to terms (kind of) that Tucker is probably not going to be coming home. I have waited over two weeks, checked the pound daily, walked the neighborhood multiple times and put up signs and still no trace of him. For the animal lovers out there, you will understand how I am feeling...Especially since I had Tucker for almost 15 years. He was a good, loyal pet to me and I miss him dearly. When I moved out of my parents house I was 18 years old, I moved to the other side of the river, to an area that I had never been before, where I knew no one. It was a very lonely and scary time in my life and I got Tucker a month after I had been living on my own, so its crazy to think he has been with me since the beginning of that time. He was a great comfort to me when I felt I had no one. He never judged me, was always waiting for me when I came home and kept me company.
I imagine Tucker went off somewhere near our house, curled up and just passed away. I hope he went peacefully and is safe and will just disappear over time. Of course, I wish he were just sitting on my front porch one morning when I looked out there, and I will look every day; but if not, I hope that is where he is. It's hard that I don't know what really happened or that I can't bury him myself or keep him with Sadie's ashes - so, I will remember him fondly and there will never be another kitty that could ever replace him...

2 comments:

Mark Mott said...

That picture is how I will remember him. He was a good old boy and although I always said he was your cat, I took a shining to him later in his life. I miss him dearly myself and know how much he means to you. If I could move a mountian to find him for you i would.....

Trisha White said...

What can I say Stacey except I know how you feel and I know how much you will miss him. Tucker was without a doubt one of the best cat companions ever. He was there for you always and a real comfort. I remember him going through his "female invasion" years with Sadie and then the mellow years afterward. My first thought of him is how he would always come downstairs from his nap on your bed to greet me when I came to visit. Always, without fail. Even as small, loud children and a very gregarious basset hound was added to the mix, he continued to be there on the edges of the scene waiting for his pets. I will miss him.