Pa-pa (Mark's dad) had his 60th birthday this year so we wanted to do something a bit more special and really have some good quality family time so we decided to rent my friend's beach house in Pacific City the last week in September - and I am glad we did - it was a great time. Even though we see the Motts everyday we are often in a rush and exhausted after working all day so I don't think Mark's parents get to really spend the good quality time with all four of us that they deserve, so it was a good opportunity to just spend some family time together without all the day-to-day interruptions and meyhem. We had 2 days at the Coast and it was BEAUTIFUL! Oh My! The beach was sunny and warm, better than when we went in August. The kids played in the sand and we (well Mel and Mark) climbed the dunes. We BBQ'd and I finally got my camp fire with smores! :-) Mark and I even got to get away for an hour or so to Pelican for some time to ourselves which was very nice.
By the time we woke up on Sunday the rain had moved in. We packed up and cleaned up and were off to the Tillamook Cheese Factory - which seems to be a family tradition - for the cheese tour, samples, pepperoni sticks and of course, ICE CREAM!
I think Mel and John enjoyed themselves too!







No comments:
Post a Comment