This past Saturday we made it to the pumpkin patch with Melanie's Girl Scout Troop. It was a busy morning of errands, haircuts for the kids and a mission to find rubber boots. It rained all morning and we were wondering if we would make to the pumpkin patch - cause sorry - I AM an Oregonian, but this Mott family doesn't do the pumpkin patch in the rain! Thankfully...it stopped raining and was actually pretty mild the entire time we were there and just started to sprinkle as we were heading out. ANYWAY, we met up with Mel's troop. The GS "year" just started and this was our first outing, and to my amazement, the troop nearly tripled! It was nice to see though. I am hoping that with a new batch of girls, there will be more opportunity for Melanie to find that special connection with someone. She is still loving scouting, but hasn't really seemed to find a really good friend connection. She is having fun though, so that is what matters.
The pumpkin patch had been one we hadn't been to before and was pretty small. Since we were a "group," we kind of got a little guided tour and a group wagon ride up and overlooking the farm. The kids got to go on the slide and do pumpkin bowling. There were lots of activities right there to do, so it made it convenient. Afterwards, we each got a small pumpkin to take home. I was not about to go and find four more big ones and haul them to the car in addition to our little ones and I am NOT going to the PP again, so I guess it will be Freddy's this year for the big dogs! :-)
FINALLY, Mel is a willing participant for all my photos! Now...I just need to get John on that band wagon :-)
On the wagon ride
Pumpkin bowling anyone?
And the slide! John was pretty timid at first, but then ended up going down about 20 times. I even went on it...about two times! These pumpkin patches though, goodness, all the things they slap together to earn an extra buck. Haahaaaa! The kids had fun though. It was a good couple hours for sure. 

They do mean LITTLE, when they say pick a "small" pumpkin! LOL!I was very happy to get the PP out of the way. I do have certain things I like to do around each holiday with the kids and I was glad we got to go when the weather was decent. The anal part of me though, I think, takes some of the fun out of it because I STRESS so much about actually getting to these events! I am trying to not be that way - but, really, who am I kidding!?
Now, I am focusing on our "little" Halloween party that isn't so little anymore...sigh...here I go again. It's this Saturday, and I am glad I decided to do it early..This may be my ONE and ONLY time I do this :-) I invited about everyone we knew, thinking MAYBE some people would come. Well, now it seems EVERYONE we know is coming. Oh well, it should be a good time. I just hope everyone can fit into my little house! I will be moving everything out of the way and adding tables, so it should work. Can't wait to see how it all comes together, should be a good time!

No comments:
Post a Comment