Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Sorry, my title is not very creative...it's late :-) We had a good Halloween and continued on with our tradition of dressing up as a family. Mark was a Captain, I was a Witch - Good or Bad?! Mel was Pocahontas, John was a Train Engineer and Good 'ol Babe was (willingly) a Pumpkin. I feel it was a bit more exciting around our party time at the beginning of the month and then we kind of just - fizzled - for some reason. The day of was just kind of quiet and blah. It was a Monday, maybe that was it. We all got dressed though and got our annual family picture on the porch and I was excited we got a couple good ones. We were invited to the home of one of Mel's classmates from school, so we headed over there for pizza and then headed out for trick or treating. We could tell Mel was kind of not into the whole thing from the beginning. I think she felt a bit left behind from the boys and we were wondering if her fears kind of took over as well. She was SO awesome with John, I do have to say that. She helped him at each house and held his bucket and made sure he got his treats. John was kind of like - Whah??? He just went with the flow and was just happy when he got something he knew he liked. Mel has been really easy the past few years with the whole fear factor, but this year, it just was not working out for her...needless to say, she heard too much talk of Bloody Mary at school and that was it. For a solid week now we have been playing musical beds, sitting out in the hallway at bedtime so she can fall asleep and getting middle of the night wake ups about not being able to sleep. So, yeah, she just wasn't into it. That is fine though. We are hoping this phase ends soon and Halloween and all it's spookiness will be behind her. I forgot that they still can get scared AFTER 3! Oh well. We still made it out for a good hour and the kids got plenty of treats. It's kind of funny, we have candy in the house basically, always - and they ask for candy multiple times a day. Once Halloween hits, it seems they forget they have an entire bag full! I think Mark has eaten more than they have! Sorry, Babe, I couldn't help it - hee hee :-) Regardless, another Halloween success. We all had a good time. Glad it's over. I know, I'm terrible. The next day I got up, got EVERYTHING taken down and put away in their bins and started cleaning. GREAT feeling!
Mel with our pumpkins and Mark's works of art.


John looting the candy stash. They were just "practicing" they said :-)


John was most excited about his ONE gumball - he is so easily pleased


Our sweet girl


Trick or TREAT???


Spppoookkkkyyyyy


And the loot!

No comments: