HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE MOTT FAMILY
What a year 2011 has been! The beginning of the year was extremely trying for us. By May an unexpected event felt like it may break us and by Summer, we felt stronger than ever. This year has brought us a lot of uncertainty AND joy, but also much, much closer as a couple and as a family. As many of you know, I have been home for several months now and am basically a stay at home mom. I struggled with not working, especially after working so hard to get where I was at. But, I have come to terms with the fact that I am now in the right place. I really feel that everything happens for a reason. Although sometimes it feels like we get to the better part of that theory the hard way, it always seems to work out in the end. I would still like to find something that works with my family's schedule eventually and possibly in a whole new field entirely. We will see though. I am looking and if the right thing comes along, I will pounce for sure. For now, we are just focusing on us. Our little unit. 2012 will have all its own obstacles. With me being home, we will have to buckle down even more and I am sure there will be some hard times to come. I am so glad though that Mark and I are working so well together. It seems that we could face anything at this point. It's a great feeling for sure. We just continue to work to make the best of things for our kids. To teach them to be good people and to live life to it's fullest in the best way we know possible. I can't wait to see what comes in 2012!
Speaking of living life to its fullest, on New Year's Eve we decided to go with Mark's parents to Mt. Hood. Mark and I had never been. Pretty sad since I have lived in Oregon my whole life. I think I might have gone to a bunny hill or something as a kid and I did make it out of the car...and then right back in...when I was 18. But, not really anything to write home about. We headed up to Timberline Lodge in the morning. It was a bit of a ride since it was the first week of snow and we had to chain up as well, but we made it. It was crazy busy because of the holiday, but we made the most of it. We found a spot out a side door where no one was and the kids got to play and made snow balls and snow angles. We also met some friends there as well, so it was nice to have some people to hang with.
We were uncertain if John would enjoy himself or not. Or if he would even wear all his snow gear. But, after seeing everyone else having so much fun, he couldn't argue putting on his snow suit.
John getting a ride
John's and Papa's snowman
This was the view of Mt. Hood standing by Timberline Lodge. This picture really does not do it justice. It was bright and clear and SO beautiful with all the snow that had fallen the day before.
Mel and I
John's BIIIGGG snow ball!
Runnnnnn!
Mel loving the snow too
We had to chain up at one point and the kids even managed to have fun playing on the side of the road. (I love this photo, one of my favorites. Their faces are just priceless!)

We had a great time! We are definitely beach people, but this trip may have made us a BIT more a part of the mountain people. It was a lot longer trip that we thought it would be due to traffic, but we learned some things to do better next time and I think we will have an even better time our next trip up!
No comments:
Post a Comment