Monday, August 11, 2008

Well, Excuse Me!!!

Sorry, I know, lots of entries today...but Mel has been saying the darndest things lately, I thought I would share. BTW, she is turing into quite the Miss Priss/Attitude girl, but I gotta love her cause she is USUALLY just a sweetheart!

So, her blanket has been falling off of her at night the last couple nights and she sleeps on the top bunk of her bunk bed. OF COURSE she can't get it herself and wakes me up to come get it for her by announcing - MOM! And then once I am in there, My blanket fell off the bed...So, this morning I am driving to take her to the her yaya's and I ask: How did you sleep last night, did your covers stay on? She replies and I can just SENSE her eyes rolling: "Did I call you last night to get it for me???" Goodness! Who is this child and who has been raising her. I tell Mark and he just laughs, says how funny she is, has HIS sense of humor! There you go - that's where she gets it! Sorry, Babe, but you said it!

Also, upon waking up this moring she immediately said she had to brush her hair. She NEVER does that in the morning when I first wake her up and never really wants to do much with her hair. But, yesterday we got her hair cut and I had them cut it in a bob since she mysteriously had a chunk missing out of the front of her hair the other day, even though she promises she didn't cut it. She LOVES, LOVES her hair cut now. So, she proceeds to the bathroom, gets a comb and combs her bangs and the front of her hair and is standing there smiling at herself and saying how pretty she is!!! THEN - She goes on to show me the drawer she has all her combs in in her bathroom and tells me that is where all her combs are "organized" at now. Ahhhhh, I am teaching her well! She may not clean her room on command, but she is learning how to "organize" when I least expect it - there may be hope for her yet! :-)

No comments: