So, I had a very good weekend, as it is was the weekend before my 31st birthday, I felt I had to treat myself! I know, how selfish :-) I got up bright and early on Sat. to go get a pedicure and massage at Dosha. The massage was interesting. Felt good, but couldn't keep myself from totally relaxing. My mind kept wondering and I would think, focus, relax...:-) After it was done I could barely stand up, after lying on my stomach for the hour. It was a bit painful. So, next time I will just stick to my pedicures, at least with those I walk away being able to see my pretty toes! Once I got home I saw that Mark had cleaned up the whole house, mopped the floors, vacuumed, everything was picked spotless. He even painted the last coat in the office and now the office repairs are finally done - yeah!!! What a sweetie and was it nice to not have to think about doing it all weekend! Thanks Mark! Mel soon went over to Mark's parents for her sleepover since they were going to do something or other and Mark and I had the next few hours to do nothing before going to dinner. It is SO weird feeling kidless. We honestly didn't know what to do! Mark went and walked the dog and I ended up lying on the couch, even though I had lots of other intentions, and taking a little nap. I am glad I did though, a little nap does me good!
We drove out to Claim Jumper around 4:30 and we walked in and SURPRISE! Rachel, Jamie and Travis and soon, Alicia and Trace were there! I was so happy. Mark had set up for them to meet us. It was really nice. We had a good dinner and it was a really nice surprise to have them all there - ahhhhh...Mark ordered a HUGE chocolate cake that we could have never finished, it was cute, I should have brought my camera. After dinner we all split up and Mark and I went to see Indiana Jones. Good night, I was exhausted by the time we got home, but it was a good evening.
Sunday we were up early and went for breakfast, I have been craving IHOPs fruit pancakes! and then went and got Mel. It is so crazy that she is going to start Kindergarten in a few weeks! I am just blown away. We went and got her haircut into a little bob, it is just adorable, and she LOVES it! Then the three of us headed to get school clothes. She is not a shopper I am finding, at least not for school clothes, and wouldn't try anything on. But, we got some super cute things and it was kind of funny with the 3 of us there picking things out. She is going to be one stylish kid!
That night we went to dad and Linda's for my b-day dinner and to see Daisy, their new puppy. She is too cute. They got me a gift certificate to Dosha, so thankfully I will be able to go back one more time before this baby gets here and get a much needed hair cut and a pedicure - can't wait!
On the pregnancy front - weighed myself this morning and I have officaly gained 2 lbs.!!! I am a bit shocked and pretty proud of myself. I did lose about 10 lbs at the beginning and have gained that back, but am only 2 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. Super excited about that! I don't want to gain more than 15 lbs. this entire pregnancy, so I think I will be able to stick to that. Especially since I seem to not be able to eat much and keep making myself sick if I eat bad food or too much. Not to mention for some reason, I really don't have that many cravings at all, if anything, I keep craving fruit or pretty healthy stuff. It's been a big help with Mark eating so healthy too - I haven't been running out for our usual 10pm BK runs! I will have to do a lot of catching up to him though once this baby is born, he has already lost over 17 lbs - he wasn't supposed to start this weight loss thing until John was born! :-) Thankfully it is summer and I can eat lots of fruit and heavy food just isn't sounding good anyway, now if I could just stop eating Cheerios at 9pm....although that can't be TOO bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment