Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mel Starts Kindergarten!!!



Mel started Kindergarten today! Man, I can't believe she is already at this point in her life. With another baby on the way, I remember when Mel was born, so much has happened these past 5 years and we are about to do it all over again! Mel is going to PM kindergarten 5 days a week from 12-3 in Ms. Riley's class. She has her own cubby for her backpack and a seat at one of the tables where she will sit everyday. I was able to take her to her 1st day and she was ready! Thank goodness! She walked right in, I could barely get any pictures of her. She walked (or rather skipped) right to her class and went right in and started coloring. All the parents were there lingering and the kids seemed to do really well, it was just us that were having seperation anxiety! I tried calling Mark to tell him and thankfully he didn't answer right away, or I might have started bawling right there in the school :-) We are so proud of Mel! She seemed to enjoy herself, but I think the change and excitement wore her out. She was tired and hungry when I picked her up. I had told her we were going to try out our new ice cream machine after school though and she sure had enough energy for that! We will be eatting it soon - homemade vanilla with crushed Oreos - we had many tastes along the way and so far it is Yummo! What a great way to end an exciting day!

No comments: