Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We Made It - One Month

Well, in 3 hours, John will have hit the one month mark. I am getting the chance to be on the computer, so I am taking it while I can. This month has gone SO fast! I can't believe it, I need time to slow down!

I have pics to post, but will get them on in the next day or two. We have been having some computer problems, so just want to get a quick posting on here in case people come on to see how things are.

I am getting better and better every day. Feel practically healed, but still feel a bit of tightness in the belly at times. I feel pretty good overall, which is nice. Getting used to breast feeding again and all that comes along with with, but I seem to have pretty good luck with it. Anxiously waiting for the 6 week mark so I can start exercising, so I say ;-) I am not liking being in between my clothes. I can basically wear my normal clothes, but everything fits wierd, not to mention I have to consider nursing restrictions as well.

John is doing good. He is over his cold for the most part. He eats like a horse and I swear he will be 11 lbs. by his 2 month appt. He feels heavier and is filling out his clothes more, almost time to break out the 3 monthers! He still sleeps a lot during the day, but is fussing more when I try and put him down so doing little things here and there is getting harder. There is only so long that he tolerates being put in the swing and I hate to put him down, it seems so boring, but I know I have to get him used to it or I will be a wreak when Mark goes back to work. He is sleeping probably as expected at night. He goes down really well around 8 or so in his bassinet or when I go up and sleeps his longest then. - about 3 -4 hours. It is up in the air after that. He has been dealing with lots of gas pains, so has been a bit more fussy. I am TRYING not to have him lay with me in bed, but after being woken up hour after hour for the 4th time, I cave - I need my sleep too! Mark has taken to sleeping in Mel's room as well at this point. He claims he can't get back to sleep. So, the sleeping situation has become a bit off. But, if I get to sleep by 9 or 10 and can sleep in the am until 9 or so, I seem to be all good. I will have to refigure everything out again next week when Mark goes back to work :-( - not looking forward to that...

Other than that, we are just enjoying this beautiful Fall weather and spending as much time outside as we can. Gearing up for Halloween and trick or treating. Should have some fun pics from that soon. We also got pics of Mel and John at the studio this past weekend, so will get those up soon as well. We got a lot of really cute ones.

I hear my little guy crying for his pre-bedtime meal, better get in there before he pitches a real fit! Pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
My name is Robin and I'm your great aunt. I just wanted to
Welcome you to the world and wish you a Happy One Month Birthday. You have a wonderful future ahead of you. It will be filled with Lots of Love and Happiness. You have so many people who Love You and will always be there for you. I Look forward to the day when I get to meet you, but meanwhile give your big sister Melanie, your Mom Stacey, Dad Mark and Grandmother Trisha a big hug for me and always know that you are in my heart and in my prayers.
Love Aunt Robin