Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!











This year's Halloween was a success! We all dressed up and went trick or treating with several families in our neighborhood. Mel lasted an hour this year and was in super hyper mode, she didn't stop the entire time, only to stop by the house once for a cup of water because she was running so much. She was SO excited! :-) Anyway, it was a good time. Mel got lots of candy and was able to stay up late that night and have some before bed. John did good as well. Slept the whole time we were walking around. Thankfully the weather was perfect. No rain, not too cold, we didn't even have to wear coats.
Other than that, we are just enjoying our time. John is getting nice and hefty, eatting good and seems to be gaining weight. He is just the sweetest baby. Mel is still doing really well in school and is starting to learn to read, it is really exciting to see her mind grow. I am continuing to feel better, getting used to the lack of sleep, trying to do things one handed and getting into a routine. It really hasn't been too bad. As long as I get my coffee in the morning and Mark takes John every once in a while!
Mark goes back to work tomorrow :-( It will be a BIG change, but I think I am up for the challenge, it will at least show me what I need to do and I am sure I will be OK. Thankfully Mel is a bit older and can do some things for herself. I think the mornings will be the toughest, when the kids and all the pets want to be fed at the same time! Hopefully once that is all done, Mel will be needing to go school, then I am sure I will come home and take a nap or hopefully get a shower!
Only 2 months left of my leave. Trying not to think about it too much - it has really been nice to be home!

No comments: