Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week One on My Own







Well, I made it on my own for the 1st week with only one melt down! :-) No, it was a pretty good week. Mel and I aren't used to being home together, not to mention with the competition of a baby, so she decided by Wednesday to start testing. John also seemed to sense the tension and decided that was the day he would scream any time I put him down. It was hard as well, since Mon. and Tues. went so well, so for Wed. to be a bust, it kind of threw me for a loop. Thankfully I have the Motts and they picked up Mel from school on Thurs. so I got a few hour break that afternoon, which helped refresh me. Mel and I are continuing to work on things, but I think we will be fine.






It is crazy having to get used to a whole new routine with Mark back at work, but we are working out the kinks. Trying to get John down more on his own and in his crib for naps. Mel is VERY vocal and not used to having to be quiet, so his room seems to be the only place for him to get a nap. I put him down a couple times and he seems to do well. So, we will continue working on that. John is getting more alert as well. He is looking around more and holding our fingers. He can hold his head up pretty good for a few seconds at a time as well. He is also getting some meat on his bones, too cute! Mark swears he smiled at him today, but I am not considering it official until I see it! :-)






I am hoping this next week to continue to work on a routine and to get back in the kitchen. Mark and I were pretty thrown off with him going back to work and me home alone and have been eatting out every meal again. I am feeling the scale tipping! So, my plan is to have yummy dinners going and hope to get some exercise in somewhere. On Wednesday it will be my 6 week mark and I will have no excuses then. I am feeling pretty good, back to myself pretty much. Amazing how much quicker I recovered this time, thankfully! I remember being SO tired with Mel. This time I feel like the time goes SO fast in a day, but at least I am not so exhuasted I can't function.

No comments: