Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Work!

Well, I am on my 2nd day back on the job. My leave has come to an end. It sure is bitter sweet. I was kind of looking forward to getting back into the working and adult world, so here I am! But, I also miss my little guy so much - and Mel! :-) It was so nice to have my time be so flexible - although it was almost more work being at home! Already 2 days in and I think I saw Mark for about 15 minutes last night. It will be an adjustment for us all I think. John had a few break downs on Monday at the in-laws it sounds like, but they say he did better than Mel in the beginning. Thankfully my mom has been in town and she has been helping me in the mornings. It didn't help that on Monday I fell back asleep when I should have woken up and John woke up when I finally hauled my butt out of bed and immediately started crying. Today was MUCH better. He actually slept pretty good lask night and at 3 when he woke up for the 1st time that night I just brought him in my room to sleep. He woke again at 5 and then when I got up, not a peep! He slept through til 7 when it was time to leave and he was just all smiles and giggles. We all got to the Motts and he was just still smiling up a storm. That's hard to leave let me tell you. He gets a bit tired and moody around the time I get home, so I am missing a lot of his happy moments right now... :-( But, I shall survive. I did it with Mel...and who knows what the future holds. I can't dwell on it. Mel has grown up to be a pretty healthy, happy, well adjusted child and I can only hope that that will be the case with John. He is in good, loving hands and that is about as good to me as I am going to get.

Hopefully things will just continue to go smoothly and it will be a good transition for us all - keep yours fingers crossed!

No comments: