Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 2 - Almost Done

So, it has been a pretty rough two weeks back at work. It has FLOWN by, which has been nice, but so has the rest of my life. Mark and I are starting to realize we talk more on the phone than we do in person cause we just don't see each other anymore. When I walk in the door at night, I get handed John and we are off and running for the next two hours trying to get dinner done, kids fed, bags packed, baths done and kids in bed. With Mark going to bed at 8pm, we just hardly see each other. Its kind of the pitts. I honestly was getting a bit sad about it all before John was even born, but I guess that is our life. We are working out a routine to simplify things and keep it organized so hopefully overtime it won't be as bad. Not enough hours in the day...

My first week back was very busy and got busier by the day, not to mention Mel came down with a fever, of course my 1st week back, and I am also pumping twice a day at work. Then all hell broke loose on Friday. I guess there is going to be some restructuring at my work and my attorney who I have worked with for over 3 years decided to replace me. I ended up breaking down in her office and couldn't stop crying. I still am going back and forth on my feelings on the whole thing, its too complicated to get into, but for someone who I had grown pretty close to, I felt like I had just been thrown under the bus. So, my first weekend home was spent thinking about it. I was pissed. I tried to make the best of my weekend as I could though. We probably did about 10 loads of laundry and we cleaned the house. All those things we couldn't do during the week. We went to Mark's parent's house for dinner on Sat. night for a crab and shrimp dinner - Yummo! On Sunday Mark got his dream TV. He has been wanting one for a long time and some things have come together recently so he was finally able to go splurge. He got a 46" Samsung LCD flat screen. It barely fits into our hutch, but he made it work and it looks awesome! So clear and pretty, so much better than our 13 year old TV we had before. So, all in all, we had a good weekend...

Coming back to work on Monday was a bit stressful, I didn't really know what to expect. My boss was busy until Wednesday, so we didn't even get to talk until then about the situation. She basically confirmed for me I wouldn't be working for her anymore and how sorry she felt, but I am still bummed. Next week we should see the changes and I hope I honestly just still have a job. You never know around here what is going to happen and you can be told one thing and then they do another. So, just trying to keep my mouth shut and have a smile on my face and I will just move on.

Not much planned for this weekend. Mark is out of town tonight (Friday) and Mel is staying at the Motts. Just John and me and I am hoping he continues to go to sleep good and maybe I can watch a movie at least. I don't think I will sleep good regardless having Mark gone. John is also in the midst of a nasty cold and hasn't been sleeping well, so it should be an intersting night. I really am trying to keep weekends low key so don't have much else planned. We are going to see my dad for dinner on Sunday and that is about it.

Soooo, other than all that garbage, John and Mel are doing pretty good. Mel is back in school and getting more active in Girl Scouts. It is cookie time and Mark and I have been competing on who can sell the most at our works, of course he won! She may get over 150 boxes, which is the whole troup goal, so we are pretty happy for her, we just like to see her get all the credit :-) John is growing and eatting like a horse. Even with this cold he seems to eat just fine. He is sleeping more during the day and coughing and sneezing constantly, but he still just seems in great spirits most of the day. He smiles all morning when I get him up and his grin is just the cutest. Opens his mouth all wide and sticks out his tongue. He is in 6-9 month clothes (he's only 3 1/2 months old!), so I am continuously buying clothes right now. I can't believe how fast he is growing, so LONGGGG with chubby legs. I need to get some pictures and get them on here, I know - this weekend I will get some - I promise! OK, work's done, I am outta here - Have a Great Weekend - its FRIDAY!!!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Hey Stacey. How are you? Sounds like things are just all over the place right now. I'm sorry that work is so hectic and that because of the craziness of work and having 2 beautiful kids you don't get to see the person you need most...Mark. I have faith that things will get better soon. I miss you and hope to see you soon! We're thinking of coming down in February. Love ya!!!