Mom/Me: I am settleing into my new routine at work and things are getting better. I am feeling calmer, so that is nice. I have gone to having a bit of freetime to none though and I am literally at my desk most of the day, even eating lunch at my desk. At least that seems to be saving me some cash and I do end up getting to leave a bit earlier if I want due to shorter lunches! I still need to get my butt in gear and in shape for Brooke's wedding, I keep thinking, I have 7 months...and then another month goes by...errr....
Mark: Mark is busy with work and life in general, guess I can't say too much about him since we never seem to have two minutes alone together these days. We seem to have a ton on the weekends lately and it seems to be things where we both head off in different directions. That doesn't usually happen, I don't like it. Hopefully with the summer we will be home more and all together. Juggeling 2 kids and all the activities betwen us and them, it just seems to keep working out that way.
Mel: Mel is just getting bigger and more mature by the day. I see my little baby girl fading away. As I scrapbook pictures of John and go through what I have I run into pictures of Mel as an infant and it seems so long ago. She has changed so much. But, its a new chapter with every year and its all just so exciting, exhausting and fun. I look forward to us doing more things together as girls and can't wait for those times.
We are in the midst of delivering all the 154 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies to everyone that graciously bought them. Almost done, will be happy when all of that is finished. We spent an hour on Sunday selling to shoppers at Safeway and our Mel was front and center asking everyone who came out that door to buy and replacing sold boxes on the table as fast as she could. She is so good. It was freezing out and I finally agreed to leave John in Mark's hands and I got that duty. It went quickly though and thankfully the 5 year olds only had to stay out for an hour.
Mel has been fighting a bit of a small cold and last night when I got home she started tugging at her ear. Within an hour she was crying and complaining it hurt and with her history of ear aches, knew she most likely had one. We have had the up all night screaming episodes, so Mark ended up at the Urgent Care until almost 9pm last night to avoid another one and sure enough she has an ear infection. He told me this morning that he waited for an hr and a half and finally Mel was complaining it hurt for about the 10th time and he said, "Let it out!" And I guess she proceeded to cry real loud in front of the receptionist and within minutes they were seen. That's why I love those two! :-) She seems to be on the mend though, now I just hope John and the rest of us don't get anything. We are all stuffy, but thankfully, haven't caught the dreaded flu that seems to be going around - knock on wood.
John: Johnny Boy, Jonny Boy. What can we say. Still continues to eat, poop, cry and sometimes sleep. We are on Week 3 of letting him cry at night and he doesn't really seem to be getting any better. I think he has an internal alarm clock that is just stuck at 10, 12, 3, 5 and 7...Those are literally the times he wakes up at night. Sometimes not at 10 and 3, but usually. Soooo, he cries at 10 and 3, I get up and feed him at 12. At 5 I bring him in my room and generally feed him in bed again so that he will go back to sleep and HOPEFULLY sleep until 7. So, its has been F-U-N! Can you read the sarcastic tone in my voice? It has been hard and I am hoping he breaks out of it, but it has been easier than sleeping in the twin bed and feeding him 1/2 the night to get him to sleep.
I have also been trying cereal with John and within the last 2 days or so, seems to be liking it a bit more. I am trying to make my own food (fruits and veggies) and he didn't seem to like cereal plain, so added some banana, which he didn't seem to like, and applesause, which he seemed it enjoy a bit better. So, I have been doing that. Hasn't helped his sleeping yet, but HOPEFULLY soon!
Other than that, he really is just a pretty good, easy going baby. Growing like crazy (in 6-9 mth clothes) and is really wanting to grab his feet. I think his belly is in the way :-) It just amazes me that I can love him more and more each day. He is just SO adorable, laughs and smiles easliy and its just too cute to hear and see that. We are very lucky to have such good, healthy kids.
Pictures will be posted HOPEFULLY tonight. Just wanted to get this out while I have the time - Back to Work!
No comments:
Post a Comment