Thursday, March 26, 2009

FINALLY!!!

Well, I have been spending the past few weeks reading a book on sleeping to try and pin down a plan for John. He continues to wake up multiple times a night. I just needed a professional to streer me, I guess...

So, I finished the book yesterday and I was going to start implementing a plan. Put John down, let him cry it out if he woke up before midnight. At that point I would feed him. I would let him cry it out again if he woke before 3. After 3 I would feed him again if he woke up and probably bring him in my room and hope he slept through me getting up and ready at 6....Not the best plan, but according to the book, until 9 months, especially with nursing, getting up to feed at 12 and 3 is fine with a wake up time between 6-7.

Soooo, last night I put him down at 7:30. Thankfully John really does go down well in the evening. Usually whines when he is ready, I get his bottle (at this point a bottle) and go up between 630-7 and he is usally asleep within 1/2 an hour and I can usually put him down, even if he wakes up he usually goes back to sleep. Last night was no exception. I went to bed around 10 and he starts crying. I was going to move Mel to her bed, but didn't want her to wake up too, so left her there and went and laid on her bed thinking I would just wait out John crying and move her when he stopped. Next thing I knew, I heard John crying again...I jumped up and realized Mark was awake and in the shower and it was 4:30!!!! John had slept ALL night! Well, that is all night to me! :-) What was even better was I got up at that point and ran into his room, trying not to be too excited, and scooped him up and brought him in my room and gave him a bottle. This is usually the tricky time with John. He doesn't usually fall back asleep...but HE DID!!! :-) Until 6:15. I am SO excited. This is the 1st time he has slept through the night - wow - what a long 6 month wait that was! Now hopefully it wasn't a fluke and hopefully tonight I can sleep in my OWN bed. . .

Oh, and I have started to wean John from breast feeding, with those 2 teeth he has now discovered to BITE - OWWW! Maybe that is why he is sleeping better as well, he isn't so attached to the boob!

No comments: