Mel has been talking about wanting to pierce her ears for a while now and it has come up from time to time. On Sunday we were kind of trying to get her out of the house for a bit and she brought it up again - we were like - OK! BUT - we really wanted her know what she was in for since she is usually so scared of pain and the unknown, but she said she was ready. She was very excited and SO brave. I felt like I was going to PUKE! ;-) We had two girls do it at the same time cause we knew once she felt those earrings go in, she wouldn't do it twice. She had the instant look of - What did I just do?! and then the tears...poor girl! But, she was over it quick, she got candy and a ballon car afterwards, so she was distracted at that point. She had to call all her grandparents and they were all pretty excited for her. Sunday night she was a bit resistent on cleaning and turning, but by Monday night she was turning them herself. I think she will do just fine. Man, what a difference a year makes with her, she is just growing up and maturing beyond words. . .
Waiting. . .


No comments:
Post a Comment