Goodness, haven't been on here for a while. . .I got hooked on Facebook. Still thinking if I like it or not. I like the communication part, since on here, there really is none, but then I realize that's really not the point of posting here. I know some family and friends view this site, and I like to have a soap box at times and to go back and look at pics and read about my own kids - hee hee. . so I will continue here as well.
Anyway, have to say that John is finally sleeping through the night! Yeah! He has been a really wierd child in the sleeping department. He has hardly slept in our bed at all (Mel STILL does) and once he is up, especially in the early morning hours, it is really hard to get him back to sleep. He is usually up and ready for the day at 6am and its pretty exhausting. Especially since, dare I say I am up early enough to know this, but it has been staying darker longer in the mornings and this weekend was the beginning. It hasn't been too hard waking over the summer at 6am cause its sunny out, but when its dark it does feels SO different. Anyway, for almost a week now John has been sleeping through the night. He goes down VERY easily around 7-730. I literally can now feed him his bottle and put him down awake and he just lays there! No crying, and goes to sleep. Yippeee! He usually wakes anywhere from 5-630. The before 6am has been tricky. I used to get up with him, but I have started to just leave him and let him cry. I am sorry, I have to draw the line! He usually falls back asleep anyway and he needs his sleep (and so do I), so I think it is best. This am his woke at 5:30, I gave him a bottle and I was able to put him down again. I was then also able to sleep for another 30 minutes - yes, even 30 minutes make a difference - and was able to get up and take a shower before he woke again. That is fine with me. At this point I ALMOST want him to take a bottle at some point, cause he seems to sleep longer. . .almost. . .gosh 6am is just brutal! But, I can't complaint, I have waited over 10 months for this and I am SO happy he is in his crib and he goes down so well at night. Mel STILL falls asleep in our bed and then we have to move her. Mel stayed over at my inlaws last night and it was SO nice to give John his bottle and 10 minutes later put him down and have the rest of my evening. It was really nice to spend the time with Mark and do a few things around the house - we were never able to do that with Mel. . .
Anyway, I am just pretty excited about all that. Everything is going well. Busy as usual, but good. Mark had his job interview yesterday and he feels pretty good about it. Mel has been doing art classes, soccer and swimming all summer. Trying to keep her busy; I think my in-laws will be VERY happy when she starts school - she is a hand full! ;-) John is crawling all over the place and getting into everything. He pulls himself up as much as he can, but then can't figure out how to sit down. He is also starting to "cruise". I don't think he will be walking in the next week or so, but maybe the next month. He is well on his way. Work is still kicking my butt, but my boss is going to be going to Italy on the 31st and I will have a solid 2 weeks with NO CONTACT! Love it! She will be unreachable - fine by me. Then off to my sister's wedding. It will be hectic and fast - but I think we will have a good time. I will miss my kiddos SO much, but it is a much needed break that I am going to try and enjoy.
Pictures to be coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment