Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree - O Christmas Tree

At the tree farm - our new "spot"!


Melanie and Our Tree!

Dad and Mel

All done and done up - SO pretty!

(You can really see the size of the tree with Mel next to it like this - and she is standing on a bar stool in this pic - yeah I know, bad mom - she had to make one little adjustment ;-))
Its 11pm on Monday night, wow, what a day. It has been FREEZING out - literally! Thank goodness we haven't had rain or we would be stuck inside in the midst of an ice strom. Well...let me rethink that ;-) Work pretty much was a typical, horrendous Monday and then got home to no heat...again...My dear husband went out at 930 rounding up space heaters and on the way home saw a furnance guy at someone else's house in the 'hood and talked him into coming to our house. Thankfully, he seemed to do more than the people who were SUPPOSED to fix our furnance last week...nice guy...so, its working at the moment, but still going to have the other guys come back out and do what they should have done last week...sigh...
Anyway, I can't sleep, thought - oh, I should put our tree pics on the blog, maybe when I finish and go back up to bed I will peacefully and quickly fall alseep...
So, about the tree...we went to a tree farm on Saturday after searching the net and found $15 trees! Yes, we had to check it out. Anything to save a buck these days! So, we set out early on Sat., it was beautiful and sunny and we drive 15 miles into the boonies of River Road. We drive onto this guy's property and there it was. Mel, Mark and I, all at the same time were just like - THERE! We all got out of the car and headed out to it. You could see this massive tree in the middle of little, bitty trees and it was just perfect! It was cut down and dragged to the car within 5 minutes ;-) Thankfully we ended up seeing our neighbors there and the guys did what guys do and got the trees on the cars and tied up. Mark is our hero and managed to make an 11 ft tree fit into our house with 9 ft ceiling and make it look perfect. Mel was very anxious to decorate and I basically just let her have at it. She spent the rest of the day decorating almost the whole thing by herself and she did a very good job, considering she had to use a ladder to do most of it. We also ended up taking out 1/2 our furniture and stuffing it into our office, but it looks so nice and pretty, I am willing to eat at the couch for the rest of the month just to have the tree be the focal point. Ahhhh, very happy with our tree this year ;-)

No comments: