Friday, December 18, 2009
Thankful
At this time of year I see so much sadness and feel so much sadness for others. I have been hearing on the radio where the stations are giving out money and items to people who are in need. My work and many people out there are donating and doing what they can to provide gifts for children and just something extra or needed at this time of year to those who need it...this morning someone called in and was like, all this is all and good, but what about these people the rest of the year? Christmas time is such a time of excess and of feelings of obligation to buy and give and it is kind of sad in a way how much pressure the holiday puts on people in general and on people who are just trying to get by most of all. Anyway, I wish I could do more all year, its nice to see that people do step up even more at this time of year. I guess I am just SO thankful for what I have, for what I have been given, and most of all for my family and friends that I consider truly there for me. Its a small group, but the amount of love is what matters more than the number of people. Its been a stressful Christmas this year, especially tight, but my kids have a roof over their heads, warm clothes and warm beds, full bellies, will have family around them and some presents under the tree, I can't ask for more than that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment