Monday, January 4, 2010

Random Pics of the Kids & A Toast to the New Year

These pics have been taken in the past 3 weeks of the kids. I haven't been a good blogger - the holidays will do that to you I suppose ;-) At this point, it is already January. The tree, lights and Christmas lights are down and put away, ahhhh, feels good to have my house back. It's a strange feeling though that another year is here, a new beginning, new memories, new To Do Lists. A whole nother year in my life and the life of my kids gone. But, what a year 2009 was! Starting all over with a baby, we made it through John's 1st year and finally got to sleep again in October. Mel began the 1st grade and looking at her lately, I am realizing my baby girl is well, no longer a baby or even a princess loving toddler, but a growing girl who loves her IPod and says boys are "Hot." LOL! We have our hands full that is for sure. But, looking back over the year and years past, I feel so lucky for all I have and for the people I have in my life. I have nothing to complain about, I really don't...

John and "Bucky" - a family joke.

John is a bit of a challenge in the eating department. He seems very particular and lately seems to be wanting to just eat the dang food himself - thank you very much. Sooo, this is the result when you hand over the bowl and spoon! At least he was happy AND eating!

Our gingerbread train. Mel and I have a tradition where we make something every year out of gingerbread. The train was made, I believe, on Christmas Eve this year, but at least it was done and it turned out great. I iced and Mel did ALL of the decorating.

This year Rachel, Alicia and I decided to do a cookie bake for the holidays. We each picked out some recipes and met up at Alicia's to bake. It was pretty hectic, but it was a lot of fun. I brought Mel and she had a blast. Its nice that I can now bring her with me to things like this and she can actually participate and hang out with mom. I wanted more pics, but we were a bit busy :-) We definately learned what NOT to do next year! ;-)

Mel rolled, cut and decorated EVERY gingerbread cookie!

No comments: