So, if you can believe it, John is already VERY interested in the computer. His new thing lately is crawling up on chairs to get on the table or crawling onto the chest in our bedroom to get on the bed - or like in this picture, to just get up closer to the computer, I think he will be playing games in no time!

Being goofy
Ahhh, I love the sister/brother moments. John and Mel really get along for the most part and its nice when they are actually playing and being able to entertain each other (and give me a break - LOL). Its crazy though, they already exhibit SOME frustrations with each other, comes with being 6 years apart I guess. Its cute though when they are like this...Sorry, not too many pictures. Its WINTER - what can I say? Once Spring hits, we will be outside more and will probably have the camera in tow more often. So, lots going on the past month. SO much...we have had a lot of good fortune this past month. Its been a good feeling to pay some stuff off and take care of a lot of things that have been needing to be taken care of. We have been able to join the pool and have signed Mel up for some after school activities and John will hopefully soon be starting a Gymboree class on Saturday mornings so he can just run and climb and play without me worrying he is going to injure himself. Mark and I have even been able to get out a bit more as well, so yeah, its been a very busy and exhausting month, but good. Our biggest purchase this month, and probably for the next several years, was a completly new bedroom set. Finally going King Size! Got a new bed, dressers, bedding, decorating the whole shabang! We get it in 2 more weeks and it couldn't come sooner. My house feels torn apart and I am just ready to have everything here and clean and organized, its going to be a good feeling. Mark and I have been going and getting things every weekend bit by bit, its been a LONG wait, we bought it on the 1st! We have been getting rid of a lot of stuff and switching furniture around, so yeah, ready for it all to be done.
Mel: Mel is just turning into a big girl - as she says, she is "6 1/2". Its scary and exciting at the same time. She has decided that she wants to grow her hair out and it is longer than it ever has been before. She won't really do much with it, so we are kind of seeing how it goes. I love her hair shorter personally, but you have to give a little sometimes. She has lost 2 teeth and the top front ones are getting losser by the day. It will be interesting to see her with no teeth in front! Mel is getting busy again with Girl Scouts. We recently had cookie sales and she sold 150, more than anyone in her troop. Of course, it was mostly cause of Mark and I (we are almost worse than her!), but its good, she was very happy, and honestly we sold for 4 days and got that many! Hopefully her troop can do a lot with the money that is raised. She is going back to meetings and has some activities lined up as well. We just signed up her up for some bowling classes and some clay classes. She needed some things to keep her occupied after school, says Grandma, how can we argue :-) She had her 1st bowling class tonight and she loved it. Mel made a very important mile stone this past weekend - she learned how to ride a 2 wheeler! I will do another post with a video. She has always been a bit nervous about riding a bike, but she got on and just took off. Done...she amazes me...
John: John is almost 16 months old. Wow - what a wild ride it has been. John seems SO differnt from Mel with a whole new set of challenges, but boy, I love him. He is SURE a Mammas boy though! He gives the BEST hugs and he just started High 5ing. Its too cute. He loves, loves to help out. Give him a paper towel and he starts wiping off the table or windows, I could use some of that! He is walking all over now and just wants to see and do, we can hardly go anywhere lately, so we are entering THAT stage. No more resturants, no more shopping. We are going to have to tag team or stay home...its a hard phase for us for sure, we are not the stay at home type of people :-) John continues to challenge us with his eating, sleeping and teething. He is currently breaking 3 teeth in - a molar and 2 on the bottom, and they are taking FOREVER. 14 in and 6 to go! Whew - it won't be soon enough. I swear we have 2 different babies when those suckers are moving in! He is good though. Still not saying anything really, although I think he is trying and he DOES have a voice. He seems to know a lot of what we are saying though and understands, it is amazing to see their little minds work. I tell you, I cannot wait until I hear Mamma...
Mark: Mark is doing really well at work. He is pretty exhuasted by the time he gets home, but he seems to be loving his job and all its challenges. He is doing well and the right people are noticing. He is on his 2nd project now since starting the new position and it has reaped rewards for us and is giving him lots of experience. Hopefully I can work less some day! :-)
ME!: Work stresses kind of came to a head in December. Can you say DRAMA? But, I am glad I finally stood up for myself, I am tired of being treated like a door mat! Watch out! I couldn't have been too bad - I just got a good review AND a raise! :-) So anyway, work is going a bit better and I told myself I HAD to give myself some time for me to unwind and actually take a lunch and not feel guilty about it and not continue to chain myself to my desk. I have been working out again and it feels great. Besides work I am keeping busy with some of my neighbors. We started a book club and we are going to start some exercise classes this week together. Its been really nice making these connections so close to home and with women that have kids and seem genuine, its hard to find for sure. I still see Rachel and Alicia for our monthly get togethers and it gives me some good old fashioned girl time. With just that stuff alone, I already feel like I am away from home too much! Its insane! But, its been good for Mark and I to get back out there a bit and have some time for ourselves and also together AND as a family, its a struggle to balance it all, but we are trying.
Plans for the Spring...
LOTS to do around this dang house..inside AND out! The outside will probably be our focus this Spring. In March we are hoping to have Spring Break off and go to The Great Wolf Lodge for a few days. The Motts gave us a little vacation package there for Christmas and Mel is VERY eager to go. Which also means - we need to get John OUT OF THE SWING! Yes, don't even ask! So, it is crunch time to get John taking naps in his crib...I am already wincing...Should be good though, I am ready for some warmth in the air and sun and getting back outside for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment