Snow and the Portland Metro area just do NOT mix...I watched the weather forecast that moring and it said, RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. Not a word of snow. So when it actually did start snowing around 2, we all looked out the windows, and went, OOOOOHHHHH, Pretty, and went back to our desks. Little did we know around 4, or sometime in between there, it did indeed start to stick. At 4:00 I looked out the window again, 20 floors below and saw everything covered in snow...crap...15 minutes later I was out the door and barely able to stay on my feet in my dress shoes and NO socks...got on the MAX just in time to annoucements all the way that we would be slow due to snow...got out of the tunnel and saw NO ONE going Westbound on the Sunset and Eastbound - bumber to bumber, snowing like crazy and people actually walking on the freeway. NOT a good sign. I called Mark and he informed me it had taken an hour to drive about 6 blocks...Needless to say, Portland was at a standstill. No one was expecting it and it probably would have happened the same way anyway, but it was pretty bad. Thankfully I got to my stop, angels were looking down on me. I go to my car and it is completly wiped clean of snow. I have an AWESOME father-in-law. I almost gave up and just walked to my inlaws house, but I braved it. Got out of my spot and made it to their house - I can do this! Got the kids, actually made it home and since I was on my lonesome with a daughter who HAD to go out in the snow, got us all bundled up and dug out the sleigh that Mel was dying to use. No matter that it was 6:30 pm and dark and I didn't have much for John, anow attire wise. I am glad we went out though. It was fun. Mel had 45 minutes of playtime, I got a "very" small work out hauling both kids around the block in the sled and I think John enjoyed it until Mel pushed him face forward into the snow...poor guy - pay back time though I am sure ;-) Mark finally got home 4 1/2 hours after leaving work. He is a champ though. Made it over Sylvan in the little 4 banger Hyndai with nearly bald tires. Not a scrap on him or the car! By morning it was all starting to melt and back to work - gotta love it!






No comments:
Post a Comment