Thursday, March 4, 2010

Randomness

Once again, its been awhile - to catch up - AS USUAL - just a lot going on. Mark and I continue to be busy and pretty exhausted from our jobs. But, gotta pay those bills! In between, we just continue to spend as much time together as possible as a family and with friends.
Mel is still in the midst of Girl Scout Cookie time, but it is drawing to a close. Thankfully :-) She did an awesome job though and will be going to GS Day Camp for a week at the end of June. She has also been going to bowling and swimming after school and is currently in a class where they are working with clay. Speaking of, I need to get a pic of her and her pot - dang it! Soon! Its very cute and is now the proud holder of our fruit. She wants to take more art classes, she seems to enjoy those more over sports - like mother, like daughter...
Mark and I have been a bit spoiled. We finally got our new bedroom furniture and I spent a month buying new bedding and decorations and it is just wonderful! I didn't know having a King sized bed would be so different than a queen. We need to get a few things on the walls, then we should be done, we are loving it though for sure. And then kind of spure of the moment last weekend, we went and bought a couch. We have actually been looking at them and thinking of buying one for a while. We got a good coupon from buying the bed set and couldn't pass up the deal. So, we now have a new couch as well - hopefully we can sell the couch as quick as our old bed set! Other than that, we have also been planning our vacations for the year and getting the time off from work. We aren't doing anything too extravegant, staying pretty much local, but I got an extra week of vacation from my work since being there 5 years and Mark and I planned 3 seperate weeks of vacation for this year off together. I can't remember, if at all, when we have done that, so I am REALLY looking forward to some family time. Not to mention, I am SO ready to just have time off and time off where we aren't having to travel the whole time. Over Spring Break will be our 1st week off (2 weeks away and counting!). We will be going to the Great Wolf Lodge for 3 days and other than that - no plans! Ahhhhh, CANNOT wait. Hoping it is decent out and we just want to start on the yard and do some maintenance around the house. John and Mel (and us) are ready to be outside and play for sure. In August we will be taking our 2nd week. We just reserved my friend's beach house for 3 days in Pacific City. That should be a good time as well. Play on the beach, drinks at the Pelican, PIZZA! Come on out! :-) In October Mark and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, so I think we are going to try and have a night away at McMenimen's. One of our favorite places to go together...and finally, in December, we both took off a week around Christmas - never done that either. So, should be a good year from here on. I feel VERY fortunate lately, when I thought we were at our lowest, things really have seemed to come together on many fronts. I really feel we will get through anything, we always seem to...
Last weekend I went to Boise with my dad and Linda to celebrate my Grandpa Grow's 85th Birthday. It had been probably 8 years since I had been there so it was nice to get back there and spend some time with family. I don't know why I didn't think it wouldn't happen, but I think we spent 3/4 of the time shopping and the rest of the time eatting out! It was a good time though, wishing we were all closer so we could do it more often.

And last but not least, my boy John...what a character. Just got to the 17 month mark - still not talking, but I think he is trying in his own way and he is definately TRYING to say stuff. He points and screams and grunts and gets his point across quite nicely when he needs to. You can sure see his little mind learning and going constantly though. And what a curious guy and just wants to do things himself and do everything big sister does. This summer he is going to be a hand full outside for sure! He will love it though. With all the kids in the 'hood, he will now be able to play and interact and there are plenty of kids to play with. He is also starting Gymboree this weekend. I took him to one class to test it out and he seemed to really enjoy it. He seems to be pretty much past the teething horrors. The last two are coming in. He is sleeping longer and better and is FINALLLLYYYY in his crib for naps!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! It wasn't as bad a transition as I thought it would be. I don't think he is sleeping as long as he should be or used to, but I think it will just improve over time. Consistency is what I was after and I think we are all on the same page now and hopefully it will just be easier from here on no matter where we go...

No comments: