Monday, March 8, 2010

Time with Yaya and Papa

My in-laws get some of the best pics of the kids. And frankly, since they are with them more than even Mark or I during the week, they do a lot together that we aren't a part of because we are working. It sure is bitter sweet. But, I am also so glad that they are spending the time with them versus a sitter because they are creating such a close bond and will have so many memories. I never had a relationship like that with my grandparents, so I am glad they are getting this opportunity. My mother in law was showing me (and telling me the stories behind) some of these recent pics - thought I would share - enjoy!
John and Pa-Pa. That little man SURE knows how to get what he wants. We have recently taken the swing away for nap time and said - Pak and Play ONLY. From what I hear John will sleep for an hour or so, wake up and cry and Pa-Pa will go get him and then John will go back to sleep for an hour or more with his sweet grandfather. From what Ya-Ya- says, if you make a noise, John peeks open an eye and gives you an evil glare, daring you to make another peep!

Two weekends ago, Ya-Ya and Pa-Pa took Mel to Mt. Hood for the 1st time for sledding. She had a ball, of course. I heard though that the 1st time Mel got on the sled she kind of took off down the "mountain" all by herself and they freaked out, couldn't see her and worried they would have to explain to us that she was gone forever...All was good though and Mel conned them out of hot chocolate and a stuffed dog to match the live mascot after it was all said and done!




John sleeping in the pac and play. I was told this was the evidence that he was out of the swing :-)

Tea Party Time! Ya-Ya holds legendary tea parties. Mel has always loved them and now John is enjoying them as well.

I also was shown MANY pictures of John while throwing one of his tantrums...yeah, I've seen 'em. He's not a total prince! But, pretty dang close :-)


No comments: