John and his daddy! John has become quite the Man of Style. He is with Mark in the am before he goes to work and now John has taken quite the interest in getting dressed up in the morning - even wants calogne! He loves, loves button and collared shirts and he LOVESSS patterned socks. He will show them off too - it is adorable. When its time to leave he goes and gets his shoes and jacket, sits down on the floor and wants you to complete his look - my boys are so handsome!
I had to do a post on John cause he is just too stinkn' cute and has been just changing constantly and turning into quite the little man full of personality. Not that he wasn't cute before - but he is seeming to grow out of his whiney stage more and is just so curious and wants to have fun and explore and has all these cute mannerisms, its just fun to watch...He is a terror and a half but is also just the best cuddler and hugger and I have to admit - he loves his mama! :-) This is his cheesn' grin. All you have to do is look at him and smile big and I get one all the time. As you can also see, he has been able to experience candy and ice pops WAY too early - no thanks to Mel! Well, us I guess, but still, he would still have NO idea what they were if it weren't for her :-)
John is a busy guy. He doesn't stay still for long, but sometimes lately I can see the top of his cute little blond head sticking up from the couch and he is just sitting there...This pic was post-icee - I think he is in a sugar coma!
One of my favorite times with John is bedtime. I put him to bed everynight and we have our little rituals and I probably stay up there WAY too long, but its our time and I just love it and I know I won't have it forever. And its nice that we can have our time and then he goes to bed SO well, so yeah, I really look forward to it. . .I have a bed and a crib in his room and we get all settled on the bed with tons of books. John has to sit up against the pillows and then he wants his monkey blanket on him and then we can begin :-) After that we rock in the rocking chair with the music on and lights off. Then to bed.
John is still a pretty pickey eatter. He is definately a hard kid to feed and I am always hoping he is at least getting what he needs. AND he is a messy eater! More so than he was when he was a baby - I am thinking I need to go get bibs. I am horrible at forcing him to wear bibs, but as you can see by the strawberry stains on his shirt - he needs them! I have ruined many shirts already from strawberries that he loves...I couldn't resist this pic - he ate the cream cheese and then threw the bagle on the floor - oh brother...
Mel and John - what can I say - they love each other but goodness, I didn't think we would already also be tearing them apart. They have a good time together for sure, but they both know how to do battle :-) Other than that John is just learning and doing in strides lately. He has been sleeping better and better and I think we have worked out some kinks ourselves in that department. I feel like I am finally getting more sleep lately. He now regulary sleeps until 6-7 in the am - I will take that over 4:30 am any day!!! He loves being outside running around and playing with the bigger kids, going in his swing, playing in his sand box, playing with the basketballs and climbing up things - although I don't like the last thing so much! John is also saying more words, just a few more, but I can tell he just wants to say so much - it will come though in time I am sure. I am very curious to see where he will be at his 2 year appointment - did I just say TWO YEARS?! Has it already been two years???!!! Makes me sad just thinking about it. . .but honestly, I am glad to see John more mobile and less frustrated, he seemed not so happy for a while there and I love nothing more than to see my kids happy!
1 comment:
you guys need to come visit our backyard some. Mark can enjoy Garage livin' and brewin', and the kids can frolic. We even have dogwoods that are perfect climbing trees. :)
Word of the day:
Fountsp
Post a Comment