Friday, October 8, 2010

Grateful

My posts lately have been pretty standard - going to the beach, birthday parties; but I haven't been mentioning several things over the past month or so because they have been in limbo or just really weighing heavily on my mind. We are still struggling with some things, but there has been some really good news as well. This has been a trying couple months for Mark and I and I sometimes feel down and I really want to focus on the GOOD things that are happening and to just remind myself to be more positive overall - because really - even through our hard times, we always seem to come out of it and make it and everything is okay. Even if things aren't necessarily "okay" or "perfect" we have to try and find at least that one positive thing, if not, how do we go on? So the following is a Gratitude List, a list that makes me realize that I really have so, so much to be thankful for.
1. Today is mine and Mark's 10th Wedding Anniversary. We met when we were 18 years old and pretty clueless, but fell fast in love. We have been together for almost 15 years total! Wow, so much has happened in these past 15 years, it's pretty amazing, and I am so proud to say that we are a strong couple and that I can see us being together through anything. I found my soul mate for sure.
2. Mark got a new job as an Area Coordinator at Kaiser. Mark's career has been a whirlwind for sure. He works hard to get ahead and has made strides during his time there. He has had a few promotions, and I am sure there will be more to come, but hopefully he will settle in this new position for a bit and get comfortable again and is happy with it and succeeds.
3. Although Mark is having some medical issues and we are VERY concerned about all the what-ifs, he seems to be in good hands and his doctors are doing everything they can to find out what is going on with him. Please pray (or cross your fingers, or whatever you do :-)) that his biopsy results come back with good news and that this whole thing will be over and done with soon.
4. That we have some awesome friends and family who have been there to hear us vent and cry and laugh with us over all our dramas as of late. Thank you to all of you.
5. That with Mark's new job and some very special people watching over us, we are a bit less worried financially - couldn't have all come at a better time!
6. That I have two beautiful children who give me hugs every day and tell me they love me. What is better than little arms hugging your neck so tight, knowing they love you unconditionally, doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: