Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Bottom line, I am thankful for my family. For my kids and Mark and our parents too. The last two years have been trying for us in many ways, but also full of joy, I sometimes forget that. It seems whenever things are at the breaking point, they suddenly turn around for the better. I hate to sound like a cliche, but it is true. I may sometimes long for better and more, but I know we have so much, there really is nothing I can want for at this moment in time.
I am especially thankful that after a medical scare with Mark, he seems to be in the clear. I am thankful that my kids are healthy and thriving and happy and show me unconditional love EVERY day, there is no better gift that that. I am thankful that even when Mark and I are arguing (and yes, we argue), he will still get out of his car on a cold night and open the garage door for me so that I don't have to...I am thankful that I have the best in-laws in the world! I can't say more than that - they would do anything for me and my kids - and for that I am eternally grateful. I am thankful for my dad and Linda, who spent 18 years raising me and teaching me the best they could - and I think they did a pretty good dang job. I am thankful for my relationship with my mom, which has grown into a true friendship.
The holidays are upon us - use it as an extra excuse to take this time to remember what you DO have, cherish it, hold it and love it tight - we are truly lucky to have all we do.


No comments: