Or as the Urban Dictionary says:
"That's life" or "Get over it!"
As some of you have heard or are wondering or will be hearing, I lost my job this past Friday - Friday the 13th - how fitting...or as they put it, my position was eliminated. I won't get into too much detail here, but I will say it was pretty devastating. Of course, anyone who is told to pack it up at 4pm on a Friday with no notice would feel. After working for the same company for over 6 years and thinking that is all I knew to do, it was a big blow. But honestly, since asking for a floating position a year ago, I knew I could be the next to go at any time. Knowing I have two kids, a husband, a house, two cars, a dog and a cat to take care of though - I started to feel pretty overwhelmed after I was told.
Thankfully, I have a husband who is just awesome. Who I think secretly prefers I would just be home doing the domestic thing now that HIS career is taking off :-) Honestly, I have felt the stress of my job for a few years now and kind of wanted to take a back seat - although my HUGE pride and determination held me back a bit - so this is almost like a blessing in disguise. We WILL get through this. This could hold many obstacles and hey, it's kind of sad, but everyone seems to be getting hit with this bad economy, I was frankly a bit surprised Mark and I had been so lucky lately. It's with that luck that we have prepared a bit and for that I am thankful. I am sure I will be back in the work force before I want to, but for now I am just going to enjoy this time. I feel mentally ready for this "stay at home mom" thing for a bit and I almost feel like it's a much needed break that us as a family needs. We can slow down a bit, simplify a lot and it's just kind of good timing - if you want to think of it that way. So yeah, I am freaking out a ton - but also smiling a lot - I will be okay...
(For those that have my work email, as most people do, don't send anything there anymore! :-) You can reach me at: smott12@yahoo.com)
1 comment:
I'm really sorry you're going through this right now. You can definitely take this as a blessing in disguise! Enjoy the kiddos and the summer. It will all come full circle in good time.
:)
Post a Comment