Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week One

Well I survived Week One of being unemployed and being at home. Admittedly, it has been really nice being home - doing the domestic thing and being home with the family and FOR my family. Of course, there is a gray cloud over my head and lots going through both Mark's and my heads - can we make it through this financially - is the biggest thing. Thankfully, I feel Mark and I are stronger than ever. Things have been bumpy and unfortunately, every time we seem to get a leg up, things crumble. We are trying to be positive though. This situation holds some positive things. The uncertainty is just the hardest part. What will happen, what SHOULD we do?! I just try and think though that this is a hard time economically for a lot of people, it's not just me personally. This is happening to a lot of people and really, we have a lot of family support and it's not like we would be homeless or anything. There just may be some changes on the horizon, and frankly I am not a fan of change, but this time, maybe it is a good thing. I have to remember there are a lot of people out there who are a lot worse off than us. We are doing okay. . .


Speaking of okay, we obviously have to cut back and be a bit more creative about what we choose to do and how we keep the kids entertained. We had a beautiful week so John and I spent a good part of it outside during the day. I was able to use a gift card and got some flowers and veggie starts and dug into the garden and got it all planted. We even have a little bird family that decided to move into one of our flower baskets in the backyard and she has three little blue spotted eggs and sits in there all day even though there are two kids and a dog running around constantly. It's a nice feeling that she chose us :-)


On Saturday we decided to do our typical weekend BBQ dinner on the grill and got some firewood and all the fixings for smores. It turned out to be a really nice family evening. It got cooler as the night went on and by the end we were huddled under the table umbrella eating our smores, but what memories. The kids were laughing and playing. John was sneaking chocolate, Mel assembled everyone's smores, Mark got to play in the fire and me, I just took tons of pictures. Soaked up everyone's smiles and tried to capture every moment so I can look back and remember how simple and fun a time we had and how lucky we truly are. As we were sitting there towards the end I happened to look up and there in front of us - was a HUGE rainbow - a sign of good luck to me for sure. . .




























2 comments:

Brett Begani said...

OOOOR. you could dig a pit, and line it with stone. Then Mark could REALLY play with fire.
Or, on the other hand, you all could COME OVER AND VISIT. We'll even cook dinner. :)
:idecauti:

Mark Mott said...

Makes me want to cry Stacey!

Brett, I keep saying it but yes we do need to get together with the kids and family units and hang out for a dinner or something. As the weather warms up shot me an invite and I promise we will do our part and come over!