Wow, what a month! It's been crazy and stressful and hectic, but also a lot of fun. I have been off work for a month now - but who wants to talk about that?! I did have an interview, but didn't get the job, but I am still on the search for the perfect - or nearly - perfect job. In the meantime, I am just really enjoying being home. I never felt or thought I felt like the type of person to be a stay at home mom, but I am really liking it. I feel like I am learning every day and I have to admit the change from work to home has been hard and strange and I feel a bit out of sorts and out of my element, but I am really glad to be here for my family for the time being. I think my kids are loving it too! Even Mark...so he says :-) The days are just flying by though! I thought I would have SO many of my little projects completed by now, but it seems like I can barely get a shower before noon. Oh well. I try and not sweat the small things and just do what I can. Life goes on if not everything is in its place. In the past month we have just really been trying to focus on family. We are trying to also just get our life in order and there are so many details at the moment that we are working on. Some major decisions, but again, trying to focus on the good stuff too. We've had some good opportunities to just play. Like going to Players. A bowling, arcade and eatery. We got some gift cards to go and it was a lot of fun. John bowled for the first time and of course, Mel beat us all. Good place, I recommend it. Especially early in the day, we had the run of the place pretty much.
Today we went on our neighbor's walk in Portland on the waterfront, it was rainy, but we all made it through. Even when Mel got a blister half way into the walk!
I made it to my sister's as well and got to see and hold Baby Natalie and help out for a few days. You forget how SMALL they are! :-) She was a sweetie and I am so glad I got to spend the time with my sister and new niece. I wish we were closer...
I think she liked me :-)
John and his bowling skills. He took a bit to warm up, but after awhile, him and Mel took over the game!
Mel, the champ!
Mel's last week of school was last week, so I have my hands full for sure. But, before school let out I was able to go on a field trip with her to the Tillamook Forest Center. I am so, so glad I can be there for her. It was a great time.
Another great picture of my boys! Sorry, couldn't resist, they are pretty cute :-)
The next month or so is going to be crazy. It's weird not knowing day to day where I stand job wise, but thank goodness for unemployment! I never thought I would say that, but I am pretty dang thankful I can at least get it! In the meantime, I am just trying to take things day by day and enjoy this time I have with my family. It's been great, I honestly have to say. Next week is Melanie's 8th birthday and we have a fun party planned at the park. It looked like it was supposed to rain, but now sun is predicted, I am crossing my fingers! :-) The following week Mark has vacation so we will all be home! Yeahhhhh! We just booked tickets to go see Thomas the Tank Engine at the Hood River Railroad with the Motts and we leave for the coast after that for a little vacation we booked months ago. The kids have been eagerly anticipating it. Hopefully the nice weather will continue. It's going to be a full, fun week and I can't wait. After that - 4th of July and the kick off to summer!
1 comment:
Great post Stacey and wonderful pictures! All three of the kids look happy and healthy, that's important.
Post a Comment