Thursday, July 14, 2011

What a Month! (Picture Heavy)

Well, first off, there are LOTS of pictures here and I obviously loaded them backwards, date wise, than I would have liked them to be, but sorry, I'm not going to redo it! :-) Soooo, starting with the most recent...


It has been a busy and fun month for sure. Besides our house being torn up and the many To Do items on my list taking at least FOUR times as long as I would like, we are trying to fit in as much family time as we can. This crazy summer weather we are having is hampering some of our plans, but we are managing just fine :-) It helped that Mark had a week off and with the holidays and weekends, he was home for 11 days, which was really nice. Melanie has been off school since mid-June and with both kids at home, I feel I have hardly any time to do anything around here I would like to do...oh well. Mel has gone to a week of VBS, which she loved. And has a week of day camp planned with a friend in August. Other than that, we are just running and playing every day.


At the end of June we celebrated Melanie's EIGHTH Birthday at the park with lots of friends and family. Of course, I worried if it would rain or not, but it all turned out great. Sunday we left for Mt. Hood to see Thomas the Train. It was hot and I think John liked it, but probably won't be doing that again. It was nice to spend the day with family though and it was beautiful weather. On the way home we stopped at Multnomah Falls and it was a great end to our day. And then the NEXT day, we left for the coast for two days. The rain finally moved in, but we had a fun time anyway. At one point we were the ONLY people on the beach! More room for us! :-) The rest of the week was just spent playing. Mark filled up about 500 water balloons that week he was off and him and the 'hood kids had multiple water fights. And of course, that weekend was 4th of July. We decided the morning of the 4th to check out the 4th of July Parade in Downtown Hillsboro. It was great. We know what to do for next year, and yes, we bought our spot! It was perfect though. Later that night we headed to Vancouver to our friends' house and had dinner and let off some fireworks there. Pretty low key, but back to work for Mark the next day.


HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!







At the parade - CANDY!!! (Oh, my, was there candy!)



John and his MANY mints - that kid is funny.


Mel, looking all pretty in her 4th of July dress.


Remains of yet another water balloon battle.


Once John warmed up to the beach, he seemed to just love running and running - in circles!


Oregon Coast 2011 - Rain or Shine!!!





It was FREEZING - Mel must have some warm blood in her!




John still won't get on the animals on the carousel, but at least he will get on it!


Multnomah Falls - June 2011



John and his new train





Thomas (and Mel being a VERY good sport)


John just sat staring out the window the entire train ride - but that's what he usually does. He is just fascinated by trains!


Mel on her new skates she got for her birthday. Of course, she put them on and then two minutes later she was off down the block - she amazes me - I wish I had her courage!


WATER FIGHT! Mark is such a kid. The ONLY adult out there and all the 'hood kids. It was great fun to watch though!



Mel with all her loot at her birthday.



Melanie wanted her birthday at a park by our house once again. I have it pretty down pat though, so fine with me. This year we did the easiest yet. I just bought a cake and we had pizza delivered. I have just stressed too much in years past making everything myself and wanted it to be as simple as a party for 40 could be! Mark's mom brought her yummy goodies, which pleases the adults. We tried to focus more on games and playing. It was a bit windy, but got hotter as the party went on and I think everyone had a great time. I can't believe me little girl is EIGHT!


*** HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELANIE ***


We had water games, a spoon race and egg toss. Not to mention being at the park! Mark's parents also came with their creative fun projects, balloon animals and bracelet making.








What a party! We got to catch up with a lot of friends and Mel had a wonderful, successful birthday. She said it was the best one EVER - until next year I am sure!


It is now mid-July and summer is just flying. I am looking forward to getting my house back in order and feeling a bit more settled with things around here. We are trying to do a couple more little things, maybe get away for a night of camping or a day trip to the coast here or there. Mark is off again for a week in August, so I am sure we will try and do something then. Can't believe I am already seeing Back to School stuff in the stores. Before we know it, Mel will be starting THIRD grade and it will be early mornings, getting up and ready for school. In the meantime, definately want to enjoy the rest of the summer.


Until next time. . .

No comments: