Has it really been THREE months since I last posted?! Goodness, you would think we weren't doing anything around here :-) Sometimes I feel that way, sometimes I feel that we are just so overwhelmed, it is just out of control. For the first time in a long time, I really, really, just want time to slow down! Everyone is busy, it's just the way of life when you have a family, but I am just at a point in my life where I wish things would slow down more. Although I don't feel like we are rushing so much anymore (which is nice), I still feel like time has been going extremely fast.
I have been home now for a year. A YEAR! Never thought it would happen. As I've said, it has been an adjustment for sure and I have my moments. But, it's been slowly setting in for me as a comfortable way of life - and now - I just love it. Do I have to go back to work?! Time will tell, I am sure, yes, but I just take things day by day and savor this time. The bond and memories I am creating with John at his young age are worth more than a paycheck right now. I am thankful for every day I have with him. I am thankful for every day that I can send Mel off to school and be here when she gets home. Our pace is still "busy," but it's good, much better. With that being said, the first months of the year are usually a bit uneventful and slow on pictures. We always manage to snap pictures here and there anyway, cause we are just camera people. There has basically just been a mish mash of stuff going on the past few months and these pictures represent that. Enjoy!
Mel was in full cookie selling mode in February and I admit, me too! :-) Every time she hit a tier, I was determined to get to the next one. (Every tier is another chance at cookie credits for camp fees and merchandise, so I was on it!). She (we) got to 225! The most she has ever sold! And I didn't even have my work place this year to sell to. Pretty good! I have to send a BIG thank you to Bethany, our new neighbor and friend, who has been SO generous and helpful to our family. She sold a good amount of those cookies to friends and family - THANK YOU BETHANY :-) Mel's Ya-Ya also sold a huge amount. Love our cheerleaders! Also, thank you to everyone else who bought :-) Mel went to three days of camp with her troop in April. She is signed up to go to a week of Girl Scout day camp in June and hope to sign her up for a third week of day camp in August. She is also "bridging" to be a JUNIOR - so trust me, those cookie credits DO help her go to camp and buy those uniforms. Mel loves Girl Scouts and has been involved for several years now. Her troop has grown every year and it's been really good for her.
John and I spend our days together every day and it has been a bit hard keeping this active, curious kid entertained. He is great though. We have really developed a bond and a routine and he is a great grocery shopping and errand buddy too. He is FULL of questions - almost non-stop! He wants to do and see and I try and fill as much time as possible. He LOVES arts and crafts, so we go to lots of classes at our rec center. He likes to "swim." Although he has yet to put that head of hair under the water! :-) We go to the library to get books and movies almost weekly and to feed the ducks. He loves our local indoor playground. And recently, John has decided he needs to have play dates - every day! He can be a shy and timid kid - and please do not look at him or talk to him in public, but when he feels comfortable or gets to know you, he is Mr. Social. He really does have a fun and quirky personality. He has been loving preschool and I think that is helping him with some of his social skills. His preschool is small and perfect for him right now, but we will be looking for more days a week soon. He has been asking to go constantly, so I think he may be ready for your typical preschool come September.
Easter was quiet, but nice. The kids did our typical egg dying tradition. In the morning they searched for eggs that I had hidden the night before. The kids got lots of goodies and had a great time.
In April, Mark had a week of vacation scheduled, so we arranged a trip to Newport for two nights. We have been lucking out at the coast lately, I have to say. It was BEAUTIFUL the whole time we were there. And we had an awesome trip. I can't even put into words how good of a time we had. We stayed at the Shilo there and we just really used our resources around us and explored the town. I never realized how much was actually there. We are going back in July for a Grow Family Reunion, so we scoped out lots of places we want to revisit again. We crammed in so much in those 3 days too! Such good memories for sure. I can't wait to go back!
Mel loved the Newport Aquarium and was beyond excited that she got up the courage to touch all the stuff in the tide pools.
We visited two light houses while we were there as well. Something I had never done while on the coast. They were pretty cool and I got some exercise in too. Almost lost my camera from the top, thankfully, it skidded to a stop RIGHT at the edge - OPPS! John was none too happy he wasn't able to go to the top because of height restrictions and he had to stay below. Hopefully in July...
Even though the kids are usually itching to get on the sand, they didn't step foot on it until our last day when we were going home and decided to stop and play for a bit. It was another beautiful, sunny day and it was hard to get up and leave for sure...
Sorry for the sideways picture!
Other than that - Spring is FINALLY here! Over the past month, Mark has been working hard on getting our yard back into shape and we are out there every day now. Over the winter (and since I am now on poop duty), I never thought it would be in good enough shape to set foot in again. But, as usual, Mark does an awesome job making it so we can enjoy our yard again come Spring time. We have made a perfect little oasis for sure.
Mel - getting too big, too fast...
John and his best buds!
The smiles on my kids faces just say it all lately. Life is good, I cannot complain.


















No comments:
Post a Comment