Wow - did I say NINE???!!! Yup! I can't believe she is nine! I can't believe I have a child that is nine! :-) Mel's birthday went off without a hitch yet again. We weren't planning on having a big party this year. Not many of Mel's friends do them anymore and I thought she would have a sleepover or something with a couple friends. About a month prior she decided she did want to have a bigger celebration, but at home. Home I can do! I actually haven't WANTED to do a party at my house for a long time because it IS a lot of work! But, I am home now and that allows me more time to shop and plan and prepare and clean. It is also a lot cheaper! I immediately went into planning mode. I stress about these things, but I really do enjoy them as well. Since we had the Halloween party last year, I decided I would set up the house like that again. I also wanted to try and stick to a budget and I wanted to use as much of the stuff up that I have accumulated over the years from prior parties and/or make everything I could. Well, time and simplicity often over rules, but I still did really REALLY good! I was quite proud actually! I enlisted my moms help in making decorations. Mark's mom helped with that too, along with myself. I borrowed a chocolate fountain and did the misc. shopping at the dollar store. I did an inventory of my house and party bins and pulled together quite a nice spread. I splurged at the last minute on an ice cream cake and flower pots to paint, but I think this was the cheapest party I have thrown yet! Cost aside, it was a great afternoon. It had rained ALL week and I was just coming to terms that we may have 30 people in our house. But, as usually happens on this special day each year - the clouds parted and the sun came out! Oh, how we luck out! People started arriving, chocolate DIDN'T flow, but no one seemed to care :-) Kids played all over the place and loved our little yard. Everyone drew with chalk and blew bubbles - which actually surprised me. They painted pots to grow sun flowers and I think my Jolly Rancher Lollipops were a HIT! Mel made a HAUL at her party. I think she was probably a bit OVER indulged this year, but it all seemed to work out. She got lots of clothes and games and finger nail polish from friends. When grandparents asked what she needed, I told them horse camp and BIEBER tickets! :-) Melanie has AWESOME grandparents!!!
Sorry for side pictures- errr...
We're going to BIEBER!!!
I love the look on her face. Pure happiness. Mel said it was the best birthday yet! That's all I can hope for. We kind of go all out for our kids' birthdays, but it really is something to celebrate for us. We all just love more than anything having friends and family with us and showing them a good time. Any hard work always ends up being worth it all.
Happy Ninth Birthday my sweet girl - May there be many, many, MANY more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment