Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th - Let Summer Begin - Finally!!!

 This 4th of July, we went back to our usual tradition - staying home.  It's just "us."  After discovering the Hillsboro Parade last year, we went back again this year.  It's tricky getting a spot, but we managed to snag a front row view once again.  John isn't liking loud noises lately, so it wasn't his favorite event.  But, he seemed to at least like getting candy for his efforts.



 After the parade we got the house cleaned up and ready for a little bit of company and for our 'hood BBQ and get together.  It all turned out casual and fun and it seems like we always gather a crowd.  We had lots of yummy food and water fights and fire works, of course! 




 Summer is already a month in!  I really cannot believe it.  I have my hands full with Mel out of school, but we have her in camps here and there and that helps a ton.  I just try and keep them busy.  My mother in law started working as well, so I am having to be even more creative :-)  Things seem to be working out though, and before I know it, summer will be over and I will be sad :-(  I love being outside now and try and just get the kids outdoors as much as possible.  There is so much to do in our community and neighborhood, we are really lucky.  Since the weather seems to finally agree that it should be summer time, we are just really soaking it in. 


 And this brings me to today!  Mark's parents wanted to go do something with us this weekend and we finally settled on going to Portland, having lunch at Mel's favorite spot - Newport Bay on the river - and then we went on the tram at OHSU.  Although we see the Motts all the time, we don't always really do a lot with them.  It was a beautiful sunny day and it was nice to be down on the water, having a yummy lunch with people that we adore. 


 We always create some wonderful and funny memories with the Motts - they are great people and treated us to an awesome afternoon.  We got some much needed pictures with all of us - again, we hardly have any photos with them.  John didn't much like the tram, but it was still a good ride and good company.  After we left the Motts, we headed over to a fountain in Downtown Portland for a bit with the kids and then headed home.  Another successful, fun afternoon with family!

No comments: