Friday, October 19, 2012

Our Boy Turns FOUR

 Another year come and gone and my boy just keeps getting older and older :-(  He recently informed me though, when I said he was getting too big too fast - that he would always stay with me and would always love me.  Ahhhh.  Ok then :-) 
 
John insisted on a big friend party and Pump It Up has been a current favorite of his, so we decided to have it there.  It was our present to him.  I think he enjoyed himself!  We had several friends join us and all the grandparents made it out. He had a blast and wore himself out, but by cake time, he was pretty much done.  Note to self, do presents at home next time...sigh...my boy...I felt bad for everyone there because he didn't seem pleased with anyone or anything in that party room at that point.  You have to know my boy though, that he was WAY overwhelmed.  Believe me - everyone who was there - he played with each and every thing the next day and loved it ALL! :-)   Needless to say, it was a great party and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.  BIG thanks for everyone who made it out, I hope you had fun!!! 
 
The only bad thing, my little baby is no longer a baby.  He is growing into a boy that is pure personality.  Sweet and fiesty all at the same time.  I can't believe it has already been four years since he was born.  He keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't change anything about him.  Happy Birthday my sweet John!!!

 Pictures were near to impossible to get while everyone was playing and John wanted nothing to do with posing.  But, these few give you an idea.
 "I'm sooooo tired!" 
 I was hoping we would get a group shot.  But, nope!  John hid behind me and then once I got up, he ran off too.
 John insisted on a train track around his cake.  He was pretty pleased when he saw it whizzing around when he got in the party room.
 Present time was pretty much insane.  But, he was happy when it was cake time!


 John has not blown out his birthday candles once, so Mel and I helped him :-)
 Not sure when he decided to start eating cake like this!!!
All in all - a good party.  We will probably be going smaller and more low key from here on, so this was kind of a big shabang FOURTH birthday.  I think John was happy though and that's what matters :-)

No comments: