I am part of an online community called Influenster. You can qualify for boxes of free goodies to test and review based on your activity level and participation. Check em out here: http://www.influenster.com/. I have received a three boxes so far, a qualified to test additional products and I have even scored some freebies that I won based on my participation! As I have mentioned before, its a fun way to break up my mommy day to day chores and I love getting free products and its even more fun testing and trying all the goodies.
In this particular VoxBox, it was full of their "Natural" products. An Original Dish Drying Mat, Lypsyl Intense Protection LypMoisturizer, EBoost, CleanWell Individual Hand Sanitizer Wipes, GeoDeo, Nectresse Sweetner and a SheaMoisture Raw Shea Baby Bar Soap!
Over the next month I tested and used and drank and tried out all the products. How fun is that???
I have to say, my favorite item was the Dish Drying Mat! I do dishes EVERY DAY. I do probably a load of dishes a day in the dishwasher, but I also hand wash dishes every day as well. I always use a dish towel to set my pots on to try. And well, the towel often gets soggy and sometimes smelly and well, it's just not nice. So, I used the Drying Mat right away and I LOVE IT! It is nice and soft to protect my more fragile dishes. It folds up in between uses and I just stick it behind my faucet. Its an attractive color and dries super fast when I am done using it. I have washed it once, just threw it in the washer and it came out nice and clean. Also, the price - $4.99!!! I just recently discovered they have more products too - so I can't wait to try them out as well! http://www.the-original-co.com/default.html
I am not a huge energy drink person, so the EBOOST was a stretch for me. It comes in powder form in a packet and you add it to water. It wasn't super bad I have to say. After awhile it kind of left a weird taste in my mouth and I didn't drink it all, so not sure if it really gave me an energy boost! For the price of $28 for a box of 20, its a bit spendy. It would be nice if it was available in smaller quantities or maybe I would be willing to try another flavor. http://www.eboost.com/
My second favorite item was the Lypsyl lip balm. I use some form of chap stick or lip gloss ALL day, EVERY day. I have them everywhere in my house, car and purse. I'm not a big lipstick person, but have to have my chap stick. This one, honestly, reminds me of Burts Bees. It definitely is comparable. It is minty and soft and smooth and is made with bees wax. It lasted several hours as well, which was really nice. I will definitely be purchasing it if I see it in the stores. http://www.lypsylhome.com/
My dear son was kind enough to pose with the SheaMoisture Baby Bar Soap I received. How cute is he?! How could you not use it?! We promptly opened it after our photo op and started to test it out. It was smooth and very sudsy, but the scent - a bit overpowering. He used it for awhile, but then became concerned if it would sting if he got it in his eyes (I didn't see anything mentioned on the package, although for a baby item, I wish it would have). We weren't about to test that out though! It seems like a good product, but by the end of bath time, he declared its scent too strong. I would love to try some of their other products though. I love the brand and their line of products seems promising. http://www.sheamoisture.com/
(1st, sorry for the sideways picture, I cannot figure out why some do this and why it won't correct)
I do not normally use artificial sweetener, but I did try the Nectresse sample in my coffee one morning. I can still tell a bit that there is that artificial taste, but it wasn't horrible. I suppose if I was that serious about cutting sugar, I would either skip sugar or I may try this again later.
I also tried out a new natural deodorant that is naturally derived, called GEODEO. I was intrigued since I hear really bad things about traditional deodorant, but am not really willing to try a natural salt deodorant that I have seen in the health stores. This product smelled awesome! It is smooth and goes on totally clear. It seemed to hold up pretty good. On a day when it was especially hot and I was really busy, it seemed to lack a little, but overall, this product is a keeper.
The last item I tested was a CleanWell Individual Sanitizer Wipe. Its convenient and well, sanitizes great! I smells nice and didn't dry my hands. I can toss a couple in my purse and I'm good to go! http://www.cleanwelltoday.com/
Let me know if you are interested in checking out Influenster or testing out products like these. I can send you can invite or you can request one online and maybe YOU can be a lucky one chosen :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment