Another year, a fresh start. . .that is how I look at it. Beginning alllll over again. But, hopefully, in good ways. I am an avid list maker and relish checking off items, so I kind of get excited writing down New Year Resolutions. Some I don't achieve, some I all but forget but I like to hope that when I make them I make that effort and if anything, it usually gets me to clean out some closets in my house! For the people who know me well, you know I already started my New Year Lists at the beginning of December, what can I say, I did. . .And here it is January 1st and I have already been working on them since last week. It probably helps that I have been off for 10 days, but it has been feeling good getting an early start on things. For 2011 some of my biggest goals are: 1) Our house. We have lived here 5 years and things are starting to wear down, inside and out. I have a list a mile long (it feels like) of things that need repairing and sprucing, so that will be a year long task I am sure. I also want to clean and purge every drawer and closet in my house, along with painting all the trim inside, and tackling my kitchen (WHY did I NOT get a self-cleaning oven?!). The outside will have to wait until Spring. I have made a good dent in the purging of the closets this past week and it's a great feeling. 2) Myself. You can't make others happy if you aren't happy, is that how the saying goes? By this I mean, I want to get healthier and take a bit more time for ME! Actually do my hair and make-up once in a while maybe? Sigh. Also, although I lost a bit of weight in 2010 and ran a 5K, I know I could have done better. So, now that I know I can push myself and not fail, I want to get back to running and consistently begin working out and in 2011, ran at LEAST two 5Ks during the year. 3) Finances. I see a less stressful financial future for Mark and I. We have learned a lot of lessons and hopefully will remember what we have gone through to continue on our pursuit of being debt free and saving, saving! Now if we could just stop shopping! :-) 4) My relationships. I want to build and improve on the ones I have and make them more meaningful and positive. 5) No regrets. Just that. And lastly, 6) Tackle all my To Do Lists!If none of this happens, then oh well, above all I just hope that my family is healthy and happy and safe and that we are strong together and there for each other every day because they are most important to me and who are there when no one else is. Happy New Year to you and Good Luck in all you chose to achieve in this new year!

No comments:
Post a Comment