January hasn't been too eventful - just the usual getting into the swing of a New Year, back to work after the holidays, not much going on but getting cabin fever inside the house - type of month. Mel and Mark did get out last night for a Girl Scout sponsored Daughter/Daddy Ball and Mel was very excited to go. She got a new dress and a red rose corsage. And prior to the dance I painted her nails and put her hair up in rollers. It was so sweet - I wish I could have been there to see them. Mel said she had a great time though and I hope she remembers it forever. She is very lucky to have a daddy that supports her so much.
So adorable - a TRUE Daddy's Girl!
At the dance. . .
Pictures, pictures - beforehand - you know how we do it
Getting ready!
Besides the usual, I will fill you in on the in between stuff since it has been awhile. Mel is doing great in school. She just moved up to the highest reading group in her grade. She is very proud of herself, as are we. With that though, has come double the homework...oh well...I would rather have that than a kid who hated school I suppose. Mel also had another eye exam and her vision has doubled in severity from a year ago. I was a bit worried but the doctor said it is fine, not to worry, she isn't going blind! Whew! So Mel was very happy to be able to pick out yet ANOTHER pair of glasses and when she got the new prescription she said - OMG! I can see! We didn't realize how bad it had gotten, even I could tell when the doctor did the exam, she couldn't see ANYTHING! I guess she didn't get the good eye gene...Other than all that, Mel is just her usual self. She is loving having sleep overs and play dates with her friends, she is just growing up SO fast! But, Mark and I still see that little girl in her at times. . .she still twists her hair when she is tired and still wants to cuddle up on the couch with us, so we will take it where we can.
And can't forget Johnny Boy! Our little baby is becoming quite to rough and tumble BOY! Your cats and dogs should run when they see him. And he can rumble with Mel like the best of them. He is quite the hand full at times, but also so sweet, it's hard to be mad at him. He is loving movies lately, Cars and Toy Story especially. He LOVES cars and trucks and anything like that. I almost need a 4th bedroom to hold them all at this point. He LOVES playing with his lego blocks. He wants to make big towers and then knock them all down, then build them again...then...you get the point. He is on a forever quest for gum, candy and Popsicles and has proven to be a very hard kid to feed. I am starting to stress out that he is STILL on a bottle, seems to have no interest in potting training OR moving to a regular bed. . .I really want to makes strides on all 3 this year, but it all just seems so overwhelming! With that being said, John is talking and talking and speaking in sentences so well. Maybe we are the only ones who understand him but it is amazing how far he has come since his 2 year appt. where they thought I should take him to an early childhood learning assessment...nawww, I think he is fine. He loves to draw and paint and color with markers. He is identifying colors now and when he has two objects or wants two of something, which he usually does, he states that, so he seems to have that concept down. He is wanting to go to the park all the time and I am sure once it starts getting nicer, we will be outside A LOT! He seems to be just like Mel in that regard. I think we are all ready for Spring to be here though. It's been a long winter and we are getting antsy.Besides the kids, Mark and I are doing well. Things have been busy and intense at times, but part of life I suppose. Between all the daily goings on we are trying to make us and our relationship more of a focus, go on more date nights, do things together that we can enjoy as a couple. I am really looking forward to it. With kids and work and all the craziness, we sometimes need that little check to make sure we as a couple are doing good as well.
Mark seems to be loving his job and getting into the swing of things. It seems to be a lot more work and responsibility, but he seems to be enjoying it overall. My work has increased a bit and will continue to do so, guess that is good though. I am still very happy with the position I am in and the flexibility it has given me. I feel very lucky in that regard. I started a new Fitness Challenge program through our local rec center and I am hoping in the next 3 months to drop 15-25 lbs. I have a weekly weigh-in and that knowledge of standing in front of someone to weigh-in has really kept me in check. I am down about 6 lbs. in 3 weeks and feeling good. I met with a personal trainer over the weekend - she kicked my butt! - but really showed me what I needed to do to up my routine and what exactly to do on my lunchtime work-outs to get the most from my time. I will start her schedule this coming week, so hoping to see those lbs. and sizes drop soon. Wish me luck!
Coming up - Mel is in the midst of cookie sales for Girl Scouts and she will be going to camp with her troop in May for her first overnight camping trip. Mark is going to Illinois in April to see his cousin and will be going to Brooke and Brian's to hang and help out with baby preparations. I am in the midst of prepping for a little shower for Brooke and the baby when she comes to visit in March and I will be going in June to Illinois to help her out after the baby is born. Going to be a busy few months!
Coming up - Mel is in the midst of cookie sales for Girl Scouts and she will be going to camp with her troop in May for her first overnight camping trip. Mark is going to Illinois in April to see his cousin and will be going to Brooke and Brian's to hang and help out with baby preparations. I am in the midst of prepping for a little shower for Brooke and the baby when she comes to visit in March and I will be going in June to Illinois to help her out after the baby is born. Going to be a busy few months!
1 comment:
Thanks for the great posting Stacey, even though we talk and email all the time, it's a treat to read from your written perspective.
Post a Comment