Snow Day! We may not have gotten the amount of snow predicted, but school was still cancelled in early February. The kids love being able to stay home - and I didn't mind it too much either!
This weekend we had an impromptu movie night with the kids - probably totally inappropriate non-kid movies that dad likes - but for some reason they love!
Nevertheless, the kids had fun and it was nice to have a quiet bit of time in the evening to all spend some time together.
February was a pretty quiet month for us. The weather is still cold and gray and wet and snowy so we have spent a lot of time inside and getting out when we are able to. Mark and I got some nights away for date nights, which was very nice. Mel had lots of sleep overs and play dates. As the previous post stated, John has been learning and doing so much lately. Mel had Girl Scout Cookie sales during the month and is now preparing for her first overnight camping trip with her troop. Mark has moved into a Supervisor position at Kaiser and taking on new responsibilities, he is very excited to be doing as well as he is and is willing to take on whatever is needed to advance. I have a 2nd attorney at work now, which I think will bring me more work - I think my leisurely pace will be coming to end - but job security I guess. I still love my firm and I am very happy to be working there and to have a job. That's about it! My sister will be in town this coming week and we are throwing a baby shower for her, so I am very excited to see her and her prego belly. She is due in May and I can't wait to meet Baby Girl Peyton! We are also planning our coming vacation in June and with it occurring over Melanie's EIGHTH birthday, we already have lots planned - including a beach trip, a mom/daughter spa day, going to the pool in Clackamas and we just bought tickets to Mary Poppins as well. Going to be a good week for sure!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment